This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will this run next gen games?

#21thegreatsquarePosted 4/20/2014 12:34:22 PM
TropicMoon10 posted...
Gallusz posted...
What i'm really upgrading for is to run Witcher 3 and games like it. Think this is going to cut it?

It'll definitely run it very well. Whether or not on ultra I'm not sure.

Both this PC and the one in your first post offer very similar gaming performance, but this one is $500 less. With the leftover money you could add another 760 (if the motherboard/power supply can support it) and get a massive performance boost for a couple of hundred bucks more.

It won't. It's a MSI H81 mobo and it looks like they started using a 550w Enermax PSU because the Lepa 500w caused a number of RMAs. Overall though it seems like a solid budget build with overall positive ratings on newegg, where it is sold out [again] at the moment.
---
What games look like on my 4yr old ASUS G73jh - http://www.overclock.net
/g/a/36947/asus-g73jh-screenshot-record-of-the-games-as-played-2013-retirement/
#22Gallusz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2014 12:42:07 PM
Lucavi000 posted...
Monitors are cheap though. You can get a decent 24" for like 180 or less if on sale. I'd still take the 2nd and get my own monitor and save 300+

I already have a monitor. Honestly I'm ok with spending a bit more if it means running next gen games well.
---
"Impossible doesn't mean very difficult. Very difficult is winning the Nobel Prize; impossible is eating the Sun." ~Lou Reed.
#23Lucavi000Posted 4/20/2014 12:43:54 PM
The systems are exactly the same CPU/GPU wise...well the cheaper one isnt a k version CPU but that only matters if you strictly want to OC your processor.

Hard drive space really doesnt matter unless you have a hard on for full 1080p movies. and usually over 8 gigs of ram is a waste.
#24Gallusz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2014 12:45:00 PM
Lucavi000 posted...
The systems are exactly the same CPU/GPU wise...well the cheaper one isnt a k version CPU but that only matters if you strictly want to OC your processor.

Hard drive space really doesnt matter unless you have a hard on for full 1080p movies. and usually over 8 gigs of ram is a waste.

I see. Well I've put that suggestion into account. Any other's?
---
"Impossible doesn't mean very difficult. Very difficult is winning the Nobel Prize; impossible is eating the Sun." ~Lou Reed.
#25Terrorknight3Posted 4/20/2014 12:51:38 PM
WTF.. Why don't you just go over to PCpartpicker and assemble a computer yourself.

Why buy overprice computers in the first place?
#26Gallusz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2014 12:52:23 PM
Terrorknight3 posted...
WTF.. Why don't you just go over to PCpartpicker and assemble a computer yourself.

I'm not really good at the technical aspects of building a computer. Would more than likely damage the parts.
---
#27Terrorknight3Posted 4/20/2014 12:52:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#28Terrorknight3Posted 4/20/2014 12:54:41 PM
Gallusz posted...
Terrorknight3 posted...

I'm not really good at the technical aspects of building a computer. Would more than likely damage the parts.

The only part you have to worry about damaging is the CPU. Just handle it with care. There are a ton of tutorials out there that shows you how to assemble a computer.

Heck, I am not very smart and I managed to do it.

If you are a gamer and you didn't build your gaming PC, then son.. I am disappointed. Building a gaming PC is like a rite of passage for any kind of gamer.
#29Lucavi000Posted 4/20/2014 12:56:19 PM
PC building is literally like color coded legos. Plug and play and it it doesnt fit into the slot then it doesnt go there.
#30Joni_CunninghamPosted 4/20/2014 1:19:56 PM
just look at the 20 minute videos on youtube showing you how to do it

it's not nuclear physics
---
It's so erotic when your makeup runs
http://myanimelist.net/profile/SephkaBlight