This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I want to become a PC Gamer!

#1deware-94Posted 4/20/2014 6:31:27 PM
Hi, I really like how cheap the steam sales are, and I've been watching UberHaxorNova on youtube, I love his videos, Especially all the Co-op games, like G-Mod, PC sounds WAY better than Consoles, but I need to know the basics, like, what does DayZ cost, how expenisve are those simple indie co-op games like G-mod, and what do I need to know about PC? Like what price, minimum, for a good PC, that will last 7-10 years and will have good performance. And just tell me what PC has an advantage over consoles, I currently own, PS3, 360, and PS4... Thanks, have a nice day(:
#2deware-94(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2014 6:32:17 PM
Also, how hard are the controls?
#3Sora_AnbuPosted 4/20/2014 6:38:44 PM
If you want a rig that will last 7-10 years... Get ready to spend a lot. You can drop 1200 and get a rig that will will last about 5 years, then if you want to continue maxing games you'll need to do about 3-4 hundred in upgrades. But if you're okay playing on high/med instead of ultra you can keep that same system. Either way it will still look better than pc.

But for games, wait for steam sales, look at humble bundles, indie gala, indie royal, ect. For building your rig, best time is black Friday (or equivalent).

You'll save a lot compared to console gaming with these sales, with a good computer you'll get awesome graphics, the ability to use custom maps and user made content. There's more but my phone about to die.
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
#4Sora_AnbuPosted 4/20/2014 6:41:03 PM
Controls with kbm are more precise than a controller, it's the only way to stay competitive. With kbm I get 3:1 kdr in bf4, yet with a controller (on PC) it drops to 1:4... Yeah
---
#5deware-94(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2014 6:48:39 PM
Sora_Anbu posted...
If you want a rig that will last 7-10 years... Get ready to spend a lot. You can drop 1200 and get a rig that will will last about 5 years, then if you want to continue maxing games you'll need to do about 3-4 hundred in upgrades. But if you're okay playing on high/med instead of ultra you can keep that same system. Either way it will still look better than pc.

But for games, wait for steam sales, look at humble bundles, indie gala, indie royal, ect. For building your rig, best time is black Friday (or equivalent).

You'll save a lot compared to console gaming with these sales, with a good computer you'll get awesome graphics, the ability to use custom maps and user made content. There's more but my phone about to die.

Really!? A ps3 can last a whole generation, (7) years..... And its more then half the price of a 5 Year gaming PC? WTF?
#6thatfool12GsPosted 4/20/2014 6:50:29 PM
deware-94 posted...
Sora_Anbu posted...

Really!? A ps3 can last a whole generation, (7) years..... And its more then half the price of a 5 Year gaming PC? WTF?

You pay a premium for the best, son.
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
#7AsucaHayashiPosted 4/20/2014 6:51:04 PM
what does DayZ cost

is this real life...?
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/E5CYOem.png
#8deware-94(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2014 6:54:22 PM
AsucaHayashi posted...
what does DayZ cost

is this real life...?

Yo, serious? I play consoles, Im wondering.
#9Sora_AnbuPosted 4/20/2014 6:58:45 PM(edited)
deware-94 posted...
Sora_Anbu posted...

If you read what I said, either way it's going to look better than the ps4. Right now the ps4/xbone is only med/high settings compared to my PC. If that. The ps360 is low with no bells and whistles.

Also consider that you don't have to pay for any premium service to play multiplayer games. No need to worry about backwards compatibility, and the ability to play older games with no real worries. You get a much larger library of games, and you generally pay less for games (thank you steam sales).

You'll be able to pick up day z for $10 on a Steam sale, otherwise It's $30
---
#10Blobs_Posted 4/20/2014 6:57:53 PM
I think what some people mean by "last" is "able to play all games in X years at med-high settings". A 800 dollar PC can probably last you 7 years, if you're OK with setting things down to low, and at lower resolutions and such.
---
is haha