This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I5 3570k with H100i Temp questions

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I5 3570k with H100i Temp questions
1 year ago#1
I have the card OC'd at 4.4ghz 1.185 vcore.

Ran OCCT (no linpack) for 30mins and my temps shot up to 85c before OCCT decided to kill the process. I reapplied thermal paste and made sure the back plate was installed correctly.

My question is, is my cooler ****ed ? I only noticed the temp diff cause I recently built two machine with i5 4670k with h80i. Did the same test and both cpus never ran above 65c.
---
Buddha says He who is in Continuous Hell never dies. Longevity is a big hardship in Continuous Hell
1 year ago#2
Is the 4670K also overclocked? Also make sure you screwed the backplate on in the correct orientation. The backplate has a notch on one side that is used to accommodate the two screws which stick out from the back of the motherboard.

http://images.hardwarecanucks.com/image/akg/water_cooling/H80i/backplate_sm.jpg

Note how the top side of the backplate is caved in a bit. They don't mention this in the instruction manual which is pretty annoying.
---
15.4" Retina MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) | Node 304 mITX | Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair 1x8GB | EVGA 600W | 120+64GB SSDs
1 year ago#3
Both 4670k are OC'd (4ghz @ 1.1xx).

reading other forums seems like my temps are high. Going to contact Corsair and see if they can replace it.
---
Buddha says He who is in Continuous Hell never dies. Longevity is a big hardship in Continuous Hell
1 year ago#4
How many fans are you running and how are they set up? I have mine set as a push/pull config and mine maxes out at 65c.
---
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser
1 year ago#5
Might be the cpu. I delidded mine in order to get much better temps
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
1 year ago#6
Push/pull
Noctua NFF12 fans on one side the stock fans on the other

NFF12 / Stock
_____RAD____
NFF12 / Stock
---
1 year ago#7
i7 4770 @ 4.6 (Can hit 5.0 but don't like the voltage required and its about 10 degrees higher)

~70 max

kinda disappointed in the cooler TBH.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
1 year ago#8
Sora_Anbu posted...
Might be the cpu. I delidded mine in order to get much better temps

Lets hope thats not the case. But just looking around youtube I might just do the hammer and vice grip method.

Anyways Corsair just replied to my RMA request. Gonna go that route for now.
---
1 year ago#9
Killah Priest posted...
i7 4770 @ 4.6 (Can hit 5.0 but don't like the voltage required and its about 10 degrees higher)

~70 max

kinda disappointed in the cooler TBH.

Are you using OCCT to test? Temperatures can vary A LOT between different tests.
---
15.4" Retina MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) | Node 304 mITX | Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair 1x8GB | EVGA 600W | 120+64GB SSDs
1 year ago#10
If you've got the confidence I highly suggest it, and I used the razor method on mine... Don't do it that way unless if you've got a very steady hand, but I did walk a guy through the hammer and vice method over the phone once and it dropped his temps 4 on idle and 18 at peak.
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I5 3570k with H100i Temp questions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived