This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What companies do you hold a grudge against lately?

#11noimnoturdaddyPosted 4/21/2014 2:49:33 PM
All of them, for the same reason I have C4 all over my lawn.
---
How good doesn't character have to be...to be good?? - League_of_Noobs
#12CatToyPosted 4/21/2014 2:52:35 PM
noimnoturdaddy posted...
All of them, for the same reason I have C4 all over my lawn.

Are you Ron Swanson?
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#13blakegallowayPosted 4/21/2014 2:54:41 PM
Worknofun370 posted...
HELZERO posted...
comcast for me, they are criminals when it comes to my bills.

Fill us all in on what law they broke when it came to your bill.

You mean other than price fixing and having regional monopolies?
---
Sometimes death comes knocking.
Sometimes it tears down the walls.
#14Worknofun370Posted 4/21/2014 2:57:24 PM
blakegalloway posted...
Worknofun370 posted...
HELZERO posted...

They're not price fixing ( If you disagree, by all means bring along the proof since you're the one making the claim), and what exactly is a regional monopoly, where is that classified as illegal, and how does Comcast have one?
#15anonymous46773Posted 4/21/2014 2:57:33 PM
Apple
EA
SEGA
Capcom
Microsoft
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#16akuma634Posted 4/21/2014 2:59:35 PM
I've had a problem with EA ever since they canceled Mutant League Basketball for the Sega Genesis and refused to do anything with the IP. Then in the PS1 years, they bought out the studio making Thrill Kill just to drop the game so nobody could play it (until years later when it was leaked.) They also ruined Ultima, and plenty of other franchises.
---
I belong to the blank generation - Richard Hell
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634\
#17Orestes417Posted 4/21/2014 3:01:55 PM
Worknofun370 posted...
blakegalloway posted...
Worknofun370 posted...
HELZERO posted...

They're not price fixing ( If you disagree, by all means bring along the proof since you're the one making the claim), and what exactly is a regional monopoly, where is that classified as illegal, and how does Comcast have one?

There's lots of places that only have one option or perhaps no options at all for high speed service. That's more a problem with barriers to entry in the market though than it is with Comcast actively blocking competition. Starting an ISP is damned hard with all the red tape.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#18JKatarnPosted 4/21/2014 3:02:21 PM
rainedown posted...
CatToy posted...
None. It's a waste of energy I would rather spend on something more important like staring at the paint on my wall.

Ha! That's not how the internet works! Lol

Honestly, I'm pretty laid back with companies and don't really care (I've never thought EA was terrible, just that Origin or a game sucks) but I've started holding grudges against the industry in general.

CoD and Battlefield and their whole boring-down of FPS games is a big one for me--though it really is less against those games and more to the I distrust response to them when I think about it logically (companies are too scared to take many chances in FPS now because brown-grey shooters are what sells).

My other big annoyance is releasing unfinished or completely changed product. Zenimax and From software are my big targets here, because ESO could have been great, but is severely unfinished and buggy; and Dark Souls 2 was released without half of the lighting and textures we've seen in previews (aliens and a few other games have done the same thing in the last few years, and DS2 isn't bad by any means but the latest game built on lying marketing).

That's the kind of stuff that gets me, far more than targeting one company-- its repetitive rubbish thrown at us from the industry itself.

That's more an issue of the consumer base than the industry when it comes down to it. By continually buying these rehashes etc. they're sending the message that they want more of the same. If people could exercise a little willpower and not buy the newest shiniest game immediately, they'd be forced to re-think their strategy, but that's probably not going to happen anytime soon.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#19CELTEKKPosted 4/21/2014 3:04:56 PM
not even going to get into this one.
---
psn:celtekk|steam:celtekk
3770k@4.8
#20Worknofun370Posted 4/21/2014 3:05:28 PM
Orestes417 posted...
That's more a problem with barriers to entry in the market though than it is with Comcast actively blocking competition. Starting an ISP is damned hard with all the red tape.

I 100% agree. Not only is it difficult with all the red tape, the initial cost to go into an area without renting lines is insanely expensive.

Just curious as to how one would spin that situation into Comcast doing something illegal. Why I asked. :)