This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ram problem or something else?

#1silvergokuZPosted 4/21/2014 5:20:50 PM
I have had this board 2 years almost and was fine for a few months then when I went inside case to do something like put a new fan in or maybe just a sata cable had come loose when I put it back together it seemed to be a bit dodgy at least on one ram slot.

Since then I upgraded the ram and had no problems till now, a few days ago I spilt some water cooling fluid on the board(but nowhere near the ram slots) and since then its been a bit strange, though today was strange, worked perfect till I went to kitchen to put washing on and cook tea and after about 30 minutes I heard it reboot itself and give me hardware error beeps, I took the 2nd ram stick out and it worked, put it back in and it didnt so left it out for a bit and used a cotton swab to dust the connectors and left it a hour. Then I left it on downloading and used pc in bedroom so I can use a different network connection and I heard the 4 beeps about 30 minutes later and the same problem! Took ram out and so far its been on a hour and its fine.

Also I was playing Sonic Adventure 2 the other day and it was fine for a while then I got a black screen/pause for a few seconds and it came back, could that be related?
---
The red car and the blue car had a race. Good old blue he took the milky way.
#2Lonestar2000Posted 4/21/2014 7:20:27 PM
Could be RAM or mobo.
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#3dementedlullabyPosted 4/21/2014 8:13:47 PM
You can try running Memtest 86/86+ to test your ram I suppose.
---
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#4Sora_AnbuPosted 4/21/2014 10:40:03 PM
What brand of water cooling? If it's old it probably carried a current than fried a transistor on the mb. But test ram first if that's fine its the mb.
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack