This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ram problem or something else?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Ram problem or something else?

User Info: silvergokuZ

3 years ago#1
I have had this board 2 years almost and was fine for a few months then when I went inside case to do something like put a new fan in or maybe just a sata cable had come loose when I put it back together it seemed to be a bit dodgy at least on one ram slot.

Since then I upgraded the ram and had no problems till now, a few days ago I spilt some water cooling fluid on the board(but nowhere near the ram slots) and since then its been a bit strange, though today was strange, worked perfect till I went to kitchen to put washing on and cook tea and after about 30 minutes I heard it reboot itself and give me hardware error beeps, I took the 2nd ram stick out and it worked, put it back in and it didnt so left it out for a bit and used a cotton swab to dust the connectors and left it a hour. Then I left it on downloading and used pc in bedroom so I can use a different network connection and I heard the 4 beeps about 30 minutes later and the same problem! Took ram out and so far its been on a hour and its fine.

Also I was playing Sonic Adventure 2 the other day and it was fine for a while then I got a black screen/pause for a few seconds and it came back, could that be related?
The red car and the blue car had a race. Good old blue he took the milky way.

User Info: Lonestar2000

3 years ago#2
Could be RAM or mobo.
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335

User Info: dementedlullaby

3 years ago#3
You can try running Memtest 86/86+ to test your ram I suppose.
The Imperial Truth is a Lie

User Info: Sora_Anbu

3 years ago#4
What brand of water cooling? If it's old it probably carried a current than fried a transistor on the mb. But test ram first if that's fine its the mb.
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Ram problem or something else?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived