This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You know what the worst part about Mass Effect 3 was?

#71clowningPosted 4/22/2014 12:38:08 PM
Forever Shadowed posted...
pothocket posted...
I'm still going to need someone to explain what these 'RPG elements' are because my vocabulary might be different than yours. Like how Shadow is confusing depth with complexity and calling ME2 a gears clone. I can't have a conversation with that level of ignorance.

all the loot in ME1. ammo and armor mods.

It's sad when garbage loot defines the quality of an RPG as a whole....
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#72SnowxNeverLeftPosted 4/22/2014 12:43:47 PM
The ending is only the culmination of everything that is wrong with the series.
The Crucible is literally the most idiotic plot device I have ever seen in a game.
Wait, did I say "game"? I'm sorry, I meant "dating sim".
#73Question_mark14Posted 4/22/2014 12:50:51 PM
That you couldn't laugh at joker making fun of the asari
---
Why would you quote TC's 3 paragraph message if you're the second poster, or ever for that matter?
#74TiredofhearinguPosted 4/22/2014 1:32:41 PM
the worst part was people b******* about the ending for so long when it wasn't that bad in the first place. Then continued to b**** after it got extended version came out to explain all the things they couldn't understand without a helping hand. That was the worst damn part about ME3
#75SnuffSevenfoldXPosted 4/22/2014 1:35:31 PM
I'd think the worst part from a PC perspective is that EA thought those were acceptable levels of graphics etc in 2012. Hell even a high-res texture pack would have gone some way to helping, but master files for cutscenes etc would be nice.
---
http://gentlemanadventurer.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/batman-never-ends.png
#76SinfullyvannilaPosted 4/22/2014 1:42:23 PM(edited)
Forever Shadowed posted...
Ikari Gendo posted...
It's not a deus ex machina if it's at the beginning and lasts literally the whole story.

Well, I agree 99% of the time a DEM applies to the ending but I don't think the overall idea of one - "whereby a seemingly unsolvable problem is suddenly and abruptly resolved by the contrived and unexpected intervention of some new event, character, ability or object" - is ruined over WHERE it takes place.

Some hidden anti-reaper device buried under Mars (which BTW is right next to the human home world and (I think) Liara was around it too!) is a major DEM based on the previous games' attitude about the Reapers.

If it is a ubiquitous plot point, it is by definition not a DEM. Since it was pre-existing, it wasn't a "new" event etc.

Also you kill a Reaper in ME1.

Not to mention the inherent hostility of AI vs OI being a central theme since the beginning of the series.
---
Friend Code 3050-7626-8586 Abra/Sigilyph/Gothorita FS, PM me for FS trades.
#77OmegaFlare18Posted 4/22/2014 1:50:04 PM
what's funny is everyone's like "get over ME3 already!" yet I'm still seeing topics about DMC and how awful it was (which it wasn't).

kind of a board's nature to discuss a game, don't matter how old :)
---
Steam ID: mystr_E
http://heroesofnewerth.com/ref.php?r=Z11U9T0Q
#78AngrywolvesPosted 4/22/2014 2:37:48 PM
There's an Everything wrong with Mass Effect 3 video on youtube.It's pretty comprehensive.
The ending is just one of many things.

I doubt Casey Hudson can salvage it to make it anything near successful but he's trying.
shrugs.
#79foodeater4Posted 4/22/2014 2:43:46 PM
I didn't think ME2 was filler at all. I opened up a lot more of the Mass Effect universe. Maybe the overall story arc was not as epic, and the big reveal was no where as epic as what soverign was, but the stories about all yuot squad members were well done and also provided some good replay wether failing them unpurpose and winning in a slightly different way.
#80EliteGuard99Posted 4/22/2014 2:46:32 PM(edited)
the worst thing about ME 3.......

the butt hurt vocal minority obviously.
---
Halo 4 was the best Call of Duty - gunsndroses
The king of the monsters returns! - 5/16/2014