This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You know what the worst part about Mass Effect 3 was?

#81EliteGuard99Posted 4/22/2014 1:50:27 PM
Tiredofhearingu posted...
the worst part was people b******* about the ending for so long when it wasn't that bad in the first place. Then continued to b**** after it got extended version came out to explain all the things they couldn't understand without a helping hand. That was the worst damn part about ME3

also true.
---
Halo 4 was the best Call of Duty - gunsndroses
The king of the monsters returns! - 5/16/2014
#82IcarusTheFinalPosted 4/22/2014 2:17:17 PM
Not seeing Tali's face in-game.
---
They're Masterworks all, you can't go wrong.
#83ShadowThaReaperPosted 4/22/2014 2:20:18 PM
OmegaFlare18 posted...
what's funny is everyone's like "get over ME3 already!" yet I'm still seeing topics about DMC and how awful it was (which it wasn't).

DmC was terrible. Get over it.
#84ShadowThaReaperPosted 4/22/2014 2:23:01 PM
Sinfullyvannila posted...
If it is a ubiquitous plot point, it is by definition not a DEM.

That's not true. Stop spreading that crap here.

foodeater4 posted...
I didn't think ME2 was filler at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWn0OCs0h-E

ME2 had absolutely no bearing on the plot.

EliteGuard99 posted...
Tiredofhearingu posted...
the worst part was people b******* about the ending for so long when it wasn't that bad in the first place. Then continued to b**** after it got extended version came out to explain all the things they couldn't understand without a helping hand. That was the worst damn part about ME3

also true.

Nope. Pathetic yes man. Did you even read what he said?

"HURR YOU CULDNT UNDERSTAND DA ENDING! LOLOL"

Ugh.
#85Ch3wyPosted 4/22/2014 2:56:26 PM
IcarusTheFinal posted...
Not seeing Tali's face in-game.

That part was lame. Can't believe they just photoshopped some stock photo

All of the other complaints aren't legitimate especially the stuff Shadow has been going on about but this one is.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#86gfrequencyPosted 4/22/2014 2:58:03 PM
Forever Shadowed posted...
@gfrequency: Yeah, god forbid people get to love a game series for the story and plot and characters. To the point where they become invested in its journey and outcome. You are the current poison that is infecting all video games. I bet if it were up to you games wouldn't even have a single player mode. It'd all be micro transaction base multiplayer. Go back to the CoD boards.

I've probably seen more ridiculous hyperbole and baseless assumption on these forums, but not recently. You know nothing, Jon Snow. If it were up to me, online multiplayer wouldn't be nearly as ubiquitous as it is. I grew up playing Commodore 64, NES and SNES. Final Fantasy IV and VI taught me that games can have compelling stories and characters you care about back when they were called FFII and FFIII over here. I love RPGs and haven't played a Call of Duty game in about six years. I was invested in Mass Effect's story and characters as well. More than most movies, in fact -- there were parts in ME2 and especially ME3 that made me bawl like a baby. It's without a doubt my favorite franchise of the PS3/Xbox 360 generation. And you know what? I didn't mind the ending. I liked the extended cut better. You act as if your opinion is objective fact, but this is the internet, so I won't fault you for that. It's expected. But the real poison that's infecting the community this past generation is when gamers assume the worst of each other and their opinions without knowing one single thing and see nothing wrong with spewing hate at each other under the cover of anonymity.
---
You might very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment.
#87ShadowThaReaperPosted 4/22/2014 3:03:21 PM
gfrequency posted...
there were parts in ME2 and especially ME3 that made me bawl like a baby. It's without a doubt my favorite franchise of the PS3/Xbox 360 generation. And you know what? I didn't mind the ending. I liked the extended cut better.

Jesus ****ing Christ. There's something massively wrong with every single sentence.
#88gfrequencyPosted 4/22/2014 3:38:48 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
gfrequency posted...
there were parts in ME2 and especially ME3 that made me bawl like a baby. It's without a doubt my favorite franchise of the PS3/Xbox 360 generation. And you know what? I didn't mind the ending. I liked the extended cut better.

Jesus ****ing Christ. There's something massively wrong with every single sentence.

Ah, well. I responded politely. If you don't want to do the same, that's up to you. I'll just be leaving the thread now.
---
You might very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment.
#89Mogu_MoguPosted 4/22/2014 4:01:24 PM
Origin?
---
In the chronicles of my life
there is a legend in which I change 'history' into 'herstory'.
#90Ikari GendoPosted 4/22/2014 5:00:05 PM
Sinfullyvannila posted...
Forever Shadowed posted...
Ikari Gendo posted...
It's not a deus ex machina if it's at the beginning and lasts literally the whole story.

Well, I agree 99% of the time a DEM applies to the ending but I don't think the overall idea of one - "whereby a seemingly unsolvable problem is suddenly and abruptly resolved by the contrived and unexpected intervention of some new event, character, ability or object" - is ruined over WHERE it takes place.

Some hidden anti-reaper device buried under Mars (which BTW is right next to the human home world and (I think) Liara was around it too!) is a major DEM based on the previous games' attitude about the Reapers.

If it is a ubiquitous plot point, it is by definition not a DEM. Since it was pre-existing, it wasn't a "new" event etc.

Also you kill a Reaper in ME1.

Not to mention the inherent hostility of AI vs OI being a central theme since the beginning of the series.

Thanks for the support, just looked at this topic since I posted.

I do think it's lazy writing (just not a DEM), but I think the far bigger problem was the reason why the reapers do what they do. It's explained in ME1 that it is incomprehensible for humans to understand.... they should have just stuck with that, or go the ultra convoluted route so that we have discussions on message boards for years at arbitrary plot points and then we can at least argue whether it made sense or not.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wdw64aHYXA