This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let's list games that EA DIDN'T ruin

#31EpicKingdom_Posted 4/22/2014 4:11:01 PM(edited)
Lucavi000 posted...
Red Alert 1/2 are masterpieces in my mind.

Why are people mentioning Ra 1 & 2? Those games were developed by westwood. Not EA. ON the other hand, Red Alert 3 was developed by EA LA.. Who also developed C&C4.

---
http://i.imgur.com/bY3txRa.png
#32polopiliPosted 4/22/2014 4:55:28 PM
CnC generals was by far the best game in the series. They did ruin it after that though.
#33Bossdog421Posted 4/22/2014 5:20:56 PM
SimCity

No I'm not trolling. The launch was pretty messed up but the game is solid.

Oh no! The city size is closer to an actual city size instead of a county or state size!

Oh no! You need to have internet to play! I'll go complain on an online message board!

Oh no, the AI is exploitable! Look how stupid it acts when i do something that you would never actually do while actually playing the game

It's a solid addition to the series.

Funny how the online only actually worked. Pirated copies did not function well at all until they removed the online requirement. The pirate sites had huge numbers the first few days after it was removed. That vocal minority showed it's true colors.
---
Type into Google - do a barrel roll
#34EsperValkyriePosted 4/22/2014 5:28:30 PM
EA Published the latter half of squaresoft's catalog on the playstation prior to the Enix merger, and most of those turned out ok.
---
Currently Playing: Bravely Default, Strider 2014
#35koichiPosted 4/22/2014 5:29:21 PM
EA ruined as in series that turned to crap over the years that were published by EA, or games that EA rushed out and ruined?
---
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)
#36akuma634Posted 4/22/2014 5:32:18 PM
Myself9 posted...
Mutant League Football
Skitchin'
Road Rash

And what happened to those Genesis Classics? EA traded their creativity in and became a full time publisher. They stopped caring about the games that put them on the map in the early-mid 90's. Now all we really have are former devs trying to raise money to use Kickstarter to fund sucessors to those games, no help from EA.
---
I belong to the blank generation - Richard Hell
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634\
#37Cactuar512Posted 4/22/2014 5:43:08 PM
calcycle posted...
James Bond games, at least before the licence went to Activision.

---
Fallout 2>NV>1>3>Every other Fallout game. Don't agree? I don't care.
GameFAQs, where everyone trolls everyone
#38DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/22/2014 5:47:10 PM
calcycle posted...
James Bond games, at least before the licence went to Activision.

They ruined the hell out of Bond long before they sold it off. The only EA bond that was even remotely decent was that one PS2 one that was kinda average but not horribly incompetent. Was on Gold Src and had a PC port, iirc.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#39HoogovensPosted 4/22/2014 5:55:40 PM
Battlefield: Bad Company 1&2
Star Wars: Battlefront 1&2
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers & Return of the King
first few Medal of Honor games
Timesplitters: Future Perfect
SSX series
Black
Dante's Inferno
#40ShadowThaReaperPosted 4/22/2014 5:58:37 PM(edited)
Bossdog421 posted...
SimCity

No I'm not trolling. The launch was pretty messed up but the game is solid.

Oh no! The city size is closer to an actual city size instead of a county or state size!

Oh no! You need to have internet to play! I'll go complain on an online message board!

Oh no, the AI is exploitable! Look how stupid it acts when i do something that you would never actually do while actually playing the game

It's a solid addition to the series.

Funny how the online only actually worked. Pirated copies did not function well at all until they removed the online requirement. The pirate sites had huge numbers the first few days after it was removed. That vocal minority showed it's true colors.

"not trolling"

Because trolling doesn't mean saying stupid things to make yourself look foolish. You're either a shill, or you have objectively the worst taste of anyone here. That's some serious post-purchase rationalization.