This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let's list games that EA DIDN'T ruin

#41BennyWhateverPosted 4/22/2014 6:58:48 PM
When they bought Westwood, they inherited a lot of good games. Also, all the C&C games they made were still good with the exception of C&C4.
---
3DS FC: 5155-2939-1363
#42arleasPosted 4/22/2014 7:08:57 PM
Eh... the C&C series died after C&C Generals/Zero hour. I was actually kinda hopeful when I heard they were going to make a sequel to Generals and then they went for the crap "Free to play" idea and that was it for me. Stick a fork in it, it's done. Thankfully they cancelled it rather than totally crapping all over it first.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3201564081.png
#43egglinkPosted 4/22/2014 7:10:30 PM
I liked the SSX games.
---
Needs more Ice type, and Dragons are the devil.
#44ThatPersonGuyPosted 4/22/2014 7:23:26 PM
*Wind*

... oh, SSX! That was great, until...

.... scratch that, forget the SSX games ever existed.
---
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it"
- Arthur Dent, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
#45vistahater44Posted 4/22/2014 7:28:55 PM
As someone mentioned before, EA's sports games from the '90s were really good. I used to play NHL 95 and Mutant League Hockey on my buddy's Genesis a lot back in the day.
---
http://backloggery.com/s1deburns
#46MacrossSpecialPosted 4/22/2014 7:29:01 PM
TropicMoon10 posted...
Crysis? Although 2 was pretty meh. 3 looks good but I haven't played it

three was pretty, that is about it though.

it is difficult to make a fps innovative and exciting, so i give it a pass.
---
...Dude, you're a ****ing douche. Get off my god damn internets.
- RX7Infinitilll
#47MacrossSpecialPosted 4/22/2014 7:30:14 PM
arleas posted...
Eh... the C&C series died after C&C Generals/Zero hour. I was actually kinda hopeful when I heard they were going to make a sequel to Generals and then they went for the crap "Free to play" idea and that was it for me. Stick a fork in it, it's done. Thankfully they cancelled it rather than totally crapping all over it first.

oh i loved zero hour. my friends and i used to have such ludicrously epic battles of such length that the game would crash due to there being so many units on the map.
---
...Dude, you're a ****ing douche. Get off my god damn internets.
- RX7Infinitilll
#48OrgeLambartPosted 4/22/2014 7:50:59 PM
Which games didn't EA ruin... none, typically they ruin any game they put their grubby paws on, especially if the game prior to it was really awesome.

EA is like a wolf in sheeps clothing, they love taking awesome well received franchises then destroying them. It's really odd why they do it.
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart, PSN - Orgelambart
#49TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 4/22/2014 7:56:42 PM
CloudZ1116 posted...
Gonna have to disagree with you there. Gameplay was great for the most part (best aspects of ME1 and 2 rolled together), overall plot of uniting the galaxy was pretty good. As for the actual resolution and ending... let's not go there.

Yeah, I liked the gameplay. The ending just disappointed me. However, they sort of recovered.

Although it shouldn't have to be like this, the ending brought an acceptable conclusion to the story if you have the Extended Cut DLC and got a "perfect" ending (best allies, military score, etc; can't remember everything) and chose the "destroy" option. We learn that the relays were rebuilt, the Normandy crew found their way off the new planet, and that Shepard survived.

Also, the Leviathan DLC brought some pretty interesting story about the origins of the Reapers. They were explained pretty well, I liked it.

Overall, I'm disappointed that in order to get an ending that actually made sense, you had to choose one specific route, which contradicts how the series was set up to be. I'm also disappointed that it took three DLCs (Extended Cut, Prothean--which was already on-disc, and Leviathan) to clear up the story. However, with all that said, I'm happy that there was finally a tolerable ending to the series, because it would have been a shame to kill off every scrap of lore that was originally there.
---
Steam: Sydite
#50CELTEKKPosted 4/22/2014 8:09:10 PM
Ok, here goes:

---
psn:celtekk|steam:celtekk
3770k@4.8