This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let's list games that EA DIDN'T ruin

#71Monolith1676Posted 4/22/2014 11:31:20 PM
WC 1-5.
---
XBOX Live GT: For Blood
Gears of War 1 Assassination Legend
#72OEIO999Posted 4/23/2014 12:07:16 AM
Mass Effect 2
Dragon age: Origins
NFS: UG 1, 2 and the original MW (not the criterion trash)
Sims 2?
#73DragonAtmaPosted 4/23/2014 12:27:51 AM
Games that EA somehow DIDN'T ruin?
* Serpent's Isle (which was on the verge of being done when EA bought Origin).
* Lords of Conquest (yes, EA was non-malevolent waaaaay back in the 80's)
* Seven Cities of Gold (see above)
---
My NES, SNES, and GB all work just fine. Why should I downgrade to a Wii U, PS4, or XBone?
#74hrjPosted 4/23/2014 12:33:46 AM
drink posted...
Forever Shadowed posted...
I'll start

You didnt start.

Wooooosshhhh!
---
PSN/GT - Hennaboy
#75Erik212Posted 4/23/2014 12:40:00 AM
Fou Lu posted...
Mass Effect 2 and 3. They made it far better. Fans ruined the story in ME3 with their annoying whining, forcing BioWare to come up with a whole new script, the one that launched with the game. Big surprise, the fans still didn't like it and whined.

And the combat system in ME1 was trash. It only improved in ME2 and was perfect in ME3. All thanks to EA.

Stop bashing them when they made things better. ME1 wasn't as good as you think it was.

This is actually all correct, only it isn't cool to not hate me2+3. I laugh every time people are so offended by posts like these.

All I have to add is it was Bioware that made the changes and not EA. They give Bioware a fair amount of autonomy vs their other inhouse studios.
---
Another idea I had was the spy/sniper being able to climb into the soldier's rocket launcher and be launched across the map, dealing more damage, but no splash.
#76mjc0961Posted 4/23/2014 12:41:12 AM
Forever Shadowed posted...
I'll start

Allow me to add to the list.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#77mjc0961Posted 4/23/2014 12:48:20 AM
Fou Lu posted...
Mass Effect 2 and 3. They made it far better. Fans ruined the story in ME3 with their annoying whining, forcing BioWare to come up with a whole new script, the one that launched with the game. Big surprise, the fans still didn't like it and whined.

And the combat system in ME1 was trash. It only improved in ME2 and was perfect in ME3. All thanks to EA.

Stop bashing them when they made things better. ME1 wasn't as good as you think it was.

No, BioWare ruined the story in ME3 with their annoying writing. The whining didn't come until after people played ME3 and saw how bad the ending was, and how blatantly Casey Hudson had lied to everyone.

http://img7.juegos.es/wp-content/uploads/me35.juegos.es_.png

And the combat system was FAR from perfect in ME3. When dodge roll, take cover, and sprint are mapped to the same button, you're gonna have a bad time, and have a bad time I did. Getting killed because Shepard took cover on a wall right next to an enemy instead of dodge rolling out of the way, or dodge rolling out into the open when I wanted to take cover. Not fun, and certainly not perfect. I don't know why Gears of War 3 is the only game that learned that giving different buttons to take cover and dodge/dash is a good idea because they're two completely different things and shouldn't be lumped together, but it's the only one of these games that came close to perfect combat because of it. Uncharted wasn't perfect because of it. Mass Effect 3 wasn't perfect because of it.

Oh, and let's not forget the boring, s***ty, microtransaction-centric multiplayer mode that nobody asked for and nobody sane likes.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#78Sephiroth ClonePosted 4/23/2014 1:34:45 AM
Hating on EA is so 2013, we hate on Nintendo now.
---
Current Playing: With myself.
PSN: ThePorl2
#79hyjinx17Posted 4/23/2014 2:15:58 AM
Dead Space 1 and 2 were pretty great imo

3 can die in a fire
---
3DS friend code:3883-5502-4640 IGN:Zero
#80MrElgawargPosted 4/23/2014 2:57:45 AM
Easy, TimeSplitters: Future Perfect. Last game in the TimeSplitters series and arguably the best too.