This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend me 1440p display

#1CELTEKKPosted 4/22/2014 8:53:23 PM
Wife is giving me $500 to dish out on whatever the **** I want, tax return gave us a good amount back.

Thinking about moving up to 1440p, just want to know what 1440p monitors you all are running.

Qnix is looking pretty good now, haven't really heard a lot about them. worth the possibility of getting dead pixels/other issues and having to deal with a Korean company?

Asus also looks pretty decent, but I haven't heard much about their 1440p monitors either.

I'm going to be upgrading from a GTX 680 hopefully late this year, maybeeee early next year (when/if the 800 series cards are released.) so I'd really rather not wait for the 1440p/120hz/G-Sync Asus monitor, unless it's REALLY worth it.
---
psn:celtekk|steam:celtekk
3770k@4.8
#2LoshadtPosted 4/22/2014 9:09:03 PM
Your wife gave you, as in you are not in charge, or at least partially in charge of your finances? Ouch.
---
Remember to hug you're waifu.
#3FoxtheSlyPosted 4/22/2014 9:37:30 PM
Loshadt posted...
Your wife gave you, as in you are not in charge, or at least partially in charge of your finances? Ouch.

Sometimes one person is better at certain tasks than others and if this is the case in TC's relationship maybe he delegates the budgeting to her.

On topic; I game on a 1200p TN monitor so I can't offer any recommendations, sorry.
---
I start to think, and then I sink into the paper like I was ink;
When I'm writin' I'm trapped in between the lines, I escape when I finish the rhyme.
#4Ep1taph303Posted 4/22/2014 9:47:30 PM
Just down sample brah
#5Garage_ManPosted 4/22/2014 9:49:07 PM
I'd get $200 more and get one of the brand name 4k monitors before I paid a dime for them Korean things. Honestly just hold onto it...it just isn't worth it when for s little more you can go to a real company.

If that doesn't tickle your fancy I know Asus has a few 1400 monitors in Barry price ranges.
#6EpicKingdom_Posted 4/22/2014 9:49:26 PM
Loshadt posted...

I read it as TC is a jobless male and wifey gave him monies after begging for months.
---
http://i.imgur.com/bY3txRa.png
#7BeerOnTapPosted 4/22/2014 9:57:11 PM
ITT, virgins hate on married man who has money to spend and is comfortable in life.
#8LoshadtPosted 4/22/2014 10:02:39 PM
BeerOnTap posted...
ITT, virgins hate on married man who has money to spend and is comfortable in life.

That's an awful lot of projection. In a relationship there are two halves, you don't give each other money, you discuss if you have the funds to afford pleasure spending amongst each other, but having one person in charge of the finances is just absurd.
---
Remember to hug you're waifu.
#9AcquirePosted 4/22/2014 10:06:40 PM(edited)
This is the cheapest and best value name brand 1440p monitor.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236294

With shipping and taxes it'll go above your budget. The only other options is to go with the cheaper straight form Korea monitors. I personally have two Qnix qx2710 monitors and the picture quality is fantastic. The monitors themselves though have pretty shoddy build quality. The Asus is worth it for the massively improved build quality.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2RY0X59885
---
Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.
#10ConkerPosted 4/22/2014 10:08:18 PM
Loshadt posted...
BeerOnTap posted...

That's an awful lot of projection. In a relationship there are two halves, you don't give each other money, you discuss if you have the funds to afford pleasure spending amongst each other, but having one person in charge of the finances is just absurd.

I don't do this, but I know tons of people who do...they basically give their wife access to their account and say, "Handle the finances."

Also, as far as the "two halves" goes, I agree...but, my wife and I basically think of it like "giving each other money" because we both make quite a bit and have never needed to combine incomes. So basically, we've always just split things, "You pay for that, I'll pay for this, this or that I'll send you money for each month."
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!