This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

$40 on Steam. Looking to buy TES game

#1CHS_RICHPosted 4/23/2014 1:07:32 PM
Hi all. Just traded in Titanfall on my Xbox and got these two steam cards. I've always been an TES fan and have played both Morrowind & Skyrim on Xbox but never PC. I really want to try this modding thing since my laptop seems to be able to run these games I decided to try one out. Only problem is, Skyrim is $40 and both Morrowind & Oblivion are $20 a piece. So should I just buy Skyrim or both Morrowind & Oblivion?
#2h3IIfir3pho3nixPosted 4/23/2014 1:09:22 PM
Wait for a steam sale, and you probably buy all 3 and their DLC for $40.
---
"Spilt Mountain Dew on my Xbox :( What can I do?" -natevines
"Hit the undew button" -DetectiveDoom
#3CHS_RICH(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2014 1:13:26 PM
I'd been waiting for quite a while and they hadn't had a sale on the Legendary edition this entire year so far
#4fatboy44Posted 4/23/2014 1:21:02 PM
$20 a piece seems pretty pricey for Morrowind or Oblivion
---
i7-4770K | GTX 770 | G.SKILL Sniper 16GB | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | WD Black 1TB | Seasonic Bronze 750W | Corsair 300R
https://soundcloud.com/aevio
#5Orestes417Posted 4/23/2014 1:21:56 PM
The full TES box set was 30 bucks at best buy like last week.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#6foodeater4Posted 4/23/2014 1:30:01 PM(edited)
TC, I would just buy one game and play it. Then get the other 2 when they go on sale.

As far as which one, that's up to you.

Morrowwind is really primitive by todays stands and to me personally, it has everything I hate about older 3d games. The draw distance is horrible, your always surrounded by fog and the textures on these older games are just horrid. They don't age well like a nice 2d game. And yeah you can do the whole mod thing of course to correct much of this.

Oblivion: This wasn't on your list so did you skip this game ? Might be a good place to start since you never played it before.

Skyrim: Also might be fun, if your laptop can run this game maxed out, you can really see how much better PC is then console. And its also nice being able to go into building and stuff with instant load screens. Such a chore playing all the ES or Fallout games on console with constant loading.

I know you said you had steam cards, but you should also keep an eye out on cheapshark.com to purchase gamse at other places online for cheap.
#7MaxCHEATER64Posted 4/23/2014 1:35:05 PM
Skyrim Legendary Edition went on sale for $20 on the Winter Sale.
---
Specs: http://i.imgur.com/zkNfWZ0.png
#8Orestes417Posted 4/23/2014 1:38:40 PM
At the very least wait a week or two to see if the spring sale starts. You'd feel like a suck to pay more now for one than nearly the whole series
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#9h3IIfir3pho3nixPosted 4/23/2014 1:39:33 PM
CHS_RICH posted...
I'd been waiting for quite a while and they hadn't had a sale on the Legendary edition this entire year so far

Wait for the summer sale.
---
"Spilt Mountain Dew on my Xbox :( What can I do?" -natevines
"Hit the undew button" -DetectiveDoom
#10fatboy44Posted 4/23/2014 1:56:57 PM
foodeater4 posted...
Morrowwind is really primitive by todays stands and to me personally, it has everything I hate about older 3d games. The draw distance is horrible, your always surrounded by fog and the textures on these older games are just horrid. They don't age well like a nice 2d game. And yeah you can do the whole mod thing of course to correct much of this.

All of these problems are easily fixable with a little bit of modding though. It really doesn't take much work to get Morrowind looking pretty good. If TC has never played it before I would definitely recommend it.
---
i7-4770K | GTX 770 | G.SKILL Sniper 16GB | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | WD Black 1TB | Seasonic Bronze 750W | Corsair 300R
https://soundcloud.com/aevio