This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've never played Final Fantasy 7. Is the version on Steam the definitive one?

#1anonymous46773Posted 4/24/2014 12:20:55 AM
I've heard things like they changed the music (but I also heard that they patched it). I've also heard of a thing called "Tifa's Bootleg". Should I try installing that? I think that it is mainly a graphics overhaul, but that it disables some things, or something.

Just trying to get the best first time experience :)
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#2BeknessPosted 4/24/2014 12:23:36 AM
The music was different to the midi files.

There's some mods but I haven't looked into them at all. I don't care about graphics or anything. The controls were different from the PS1 version but since you haven't played it before you wouldn't struggle with that.

It's a fun game, I put 80 hours into the Steam one.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/ R<3B xx
Babes & I Now Playing - Dead Island: Epidemic
#3SolemnityPosted 4/24/2014 12:28:17 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4rainedownPosted 4/24/2014 12:39:59 AM
Dude. Spoilers.
#5Cool_Dude667Posted 4/24/2014 1:01:11 AM
this is why im never going to play FF7 :/
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#6Garage_ManPosted 4/24/2014 1:05:45 AM
Yup same here everyone has ruined the game for ME. It seems like every time I go into a thread of ANYONE asking anything I learn something new and hate the game just that much more. I still havent got past disk 1 because of them people.

Anyways to answer your question yes it is. I downloaded it and got Tifas bootleg and wholly god it looks amazing. It sounds amazing...it's not even the same game I played on the PS3 lol.

The textures, characters, models are just superior in every single way. Be full warned though it is 10gb of data...yea pretty nuts but totally worth it. For the few hours I did play (till I had to look something up then saw a spoiler then stopped) it wad amazing.
#7Ivany2008Posted 4/24/2014 1:07:59 AM
it isn't spoilers, most of that didn't happen. What did happen has been known and well documented for the past 15 years. If you haven't played FF7 I'd urge you to actually play the game and find out for yourself.

The new version of the steam copy brings back all the ps1 music files, unless you want to mod it and add different music which I'm sure is possible. It is also possible to download a HD pack so at least the main characters are in HD
#8Shotgunnova(Moderator)Posted 4/24/2014 1:26:10 AM
There's no statue of limitations on spoilers, so one must always mark 'em properly, no exceptions.
---
Take me down from the ridge where the summer ends
And watch the city spread out just like a jet's flame
#9claytonbuckleyPosted 4/24/2014 1:26:32 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10Erik212Posted 4/24/2014 1:36:05 AM
claytonbuckley posted...
Vadar is Luke's father, and Leia is Luke's sister!

Noooooooooo!!!!
---
Another idea I had was the spy/sniper being able to climb into the soldier's rocket launcher and be launched across the map, dealing more damage, but no splash.