This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've never played Final Fantasy 7. Is the version on Steam the definitive one?

#11Garage_ManPosted 4/24/2014 12:42:53 AM
claytonbuckley posted...
game came out in 1997. If you can't handle a 14 year old thing being spoiled for you, get off the internet now.

Also, Darth Vadar is Luke's father, and Leia is Luke's sister!

You gotta realize that some of us never played these. I was like 5-6 when this came out and never touched em till LAST YEAR. I guess it just stinks when major plot points are revealed..it's not a big deal but it is a total blow to the experience, at least for me.
#12BeknessPosted 4/24/2014 12:47:45 AM
claytonbuckley posted...
game came out in 1997. If you can't handle a 14 year old thing being spoiled for you, get off the internet now.

Don't think it's really about "handling" it or not. It's against the TOS, it doesn't matter how old the game is and if it's spoiled elsewhere.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/ R<3B xx
Babes & I Now Playing - Dead Island: Epidemic
#13SolemnityPosted 4/24/2014 12:55:09 AM
lol, this site. just lol.
#14SlaynPosted 4/24/2014 12:55:23 AM
Obviously if people are asking about a game, they have not played it, especially since the game just saw a Steam release not TOO long ago.
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.
#15Cool_Dude667Posted 4/24/2014 1:06:26 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#16SpacewhizguyPosted 4/24/2014 2:02:55 AM(edited)
Cool_Dude667 posted...
I always heard...

I hate posts like yours too. Your post is as bad as blatantly revealing what happens.

When you say stuff like "omg, her death is such a huge shock," then two things happen. First, it greatly destroys the "shock" value that you yourself seem to love so much. When you expect something to happen, then it'll greatly weaken the impact of the event even if you don't know exactly when/where/how it'll happen.

Second, don't forget that people can think. People can deduce things and see implications. In FFVII, a female character dies? And she's important enough for her death to cause a "huge shock?" Gee, there's only like two characters in the game that fit that description. Plus, even if people don't end up deducing the correct thing, the very fact that what you said is on their mind will make them think about it and detract from them enjoying the game.

Be more mindful.

(Note: the things in my spoiler tags don't explicitly spoil anything but are on the level of Cool_Dude667's post.)
---
What's a sig?
#17jedinatPosted 4/24/2014 2:13:35 AM
FF7, notable for being the most overrated game of all time, but perhaps more significantly remarkable for its Lifetime Achievement Award in Most Enduring Bastardization of 3D Model-work: Particularly the Hands.
#18Dalton Of ZealPosted 4/24/2014 2:50:37 AM
Just because a plot point has been spoiled doesn't mean that the scene is any less engaging to watch, nor does it render the buildup irrelevant.
#19RyoukaiPosted 4/24/2014 3:03:18 AM
Shotgunnova posted...
There's no statue of limitations on spoilers, so one must always mark 'em properly, no exceptions.

Statute. It's statute of limitations.

This is exactly like that one Seinfeld episode..
---
The Official Luigi of the Super Smash Bros. Wii U Boards
3DS FC: 5455-9721-8413
#20SlaynPosted 4/24/2014 3:22:19 AM
Dalton Of Zeal posted...
Just because a plot point has been spoiled doesn't mean that the scene is any less engaging to watch, nor does it render the buildup irrelevant.

Oh yeah it does.

My friend ruined it when I was like 13 though or whenever it came out.
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.