This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've never played Final Fantasy 7. Is the version on Steam the definitive one?

#31anonymous46773(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2014 5:26:07 AM
Wonderkik posted...
Back on topic, I'd suggest getting that Steam edition (if you want a legit copy of the game, not mandatory of course ^^) and then adding this http://forums.qhimm.com/?topic=12008.0

It's the bootleg you heard about, not that hard to configure and it adds a LOT to the graphics.

Oh, sweet :D
So this version is all automated? I'm downloading it now, but it says it's only like 300 MB. I'm also debating whether or not to just play it vanilla without changing anything at first, which would give me the traditional experience, then this mod would give me reason to come back a second time :)

cormpops posted...
Just a heads up the music has been fixed for a while now. Also anyone who says to add a graphical mod is a filthy casual.

Oh, so they changed the music back to how it originally was? Awesome :D

Thanks, guys :)
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#32cormpopsPosted 4/24/2014 5:40:17 AM
hyjinx17 posted...
cormpops posted...
Just a heads up the music has been fixed for a while now. Also anyone who says to add a graphical mod is a filthy casual.

FF7 is my favorite game of all time, but it looks atrocious. Anyone who argues that it doesn't is literally blind. Those overworld sprites are literally the stupidest looking things ever.

>Literally
---
http://i.imgur.com/eiYjFfJ.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/acb8m4r.jpg?1
#33_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 4/24/2014 5:51:34 AM(edited)
claytonbuckley posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

Someone makes a topic specifically saying that he never before played the game, but is interested in playing it now. Who the hell would go ahead and spoil some of the major plot points for him knowing that.

When the game was created and the story was written does not matter. If someone tell me now he has never seen the Godfather or watched the wire, I do not spoil major plot points because "lol, they are old". The Starwars example does not work because unlike that specific story, these stories are not known even to those who have not seen them.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie EC1 Evo White | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | AKG k550 | Samsung S24A350H
#34_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 4/24/2014 5:53:42 AM
hyjinx17 posted...
cormpops posted...

FF7 is my favorite game of all time, but it looks atrocious. Anyone who argues that it doesn't is literally blind. Those overworld sprites are literally the stupidest looking things ever.

I agree that it looks very dated. Though at the same time, it makes heavy use of pre-rendered backgrounds, and I think this kind of saves it as those typically stand the test of time quite well (no low resolution textures and such).
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie EC1 Evo White | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | AKG k550 | Samsung S24A350H
#35vecrynPosted 4/24/2014 5:57:57 AM
hyjinx17 posted...
cormpops posted...

I actually liked it to a degree back when I played it the first time, then when I looked at it years later I asked myself how I actually liked how the sprites were... I know they were going for an anime look but it does look pretty bad. Then they made FF 8 with some fairly decent character models.
#36Dersu_UzalaPosted 4/24/2014 6:23:17 AM
The definitive version isn't out yet. You'll have to wait for the fan retranslation patch.
#37smifypzPosted 4/24/2014 6:24:35 AM
Dalton Of Zeal posted...
Just because a plot point has been spoiled doesn't mean that the scene is any less engaging to watch, nor does it render the buildup irrelevant.

Yes it does. I downloaded it on my PS3 ready to play it for the first time, and then someone told me the whole story. I played it for a few hours, but really have no urge to play it anymore.
---
3DS FC: 2105- 9580- 9704 PSN: tennislover3195 Steam:LunarFantasy
Currently Playing: Titanfall, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, Bravely Default
#38tiger8191Posted 4/24/2014 6:40:50 AM
Vader being Luke's father is not a spoiler. The guy modded for that should appeal as it will be overturned. I haven't been a mod for like 6 years and I know that is not moddable in any way shape or form.
---
www.twitch.tv/fearsomebeaver
#39BatmanVonDoomPosted 4/24/2014 7:05:55 AM
Only played FF7 last summer and I liked the silly lego characters they had a certain charm.
---
http://i.imgur.com/GC6An.jpg
#40drinkPosted 4/24/2014 7:15:50 AM
Batman is really Bruce Wayne
Rick kills Strasser at the end of Casablanca
Buster Douglas defeated Mike Tyson