This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I remember when Steam sales at 5$ or less were immediate instabuys...

#11NemerlightPosted 4/24/2014 3:23:03 AM
Games are so cheap on steam its insane. I remember getting excited for 50% off deal for L4D. Now i dont even consider buying games unless its 10 dollars. Ofcourse exception being AC4 because that was an awesome game.
---
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
#12DeadMercenaryPosted 4/24/2014 3:37:52 AM
Yea, honestly steam did a lot of damage to the value of games in general. Not that I'm complaining, I would obviously much rather be buying a game cheaper. Though it must be terrible for companies how rapidly the value of their games goes down nowadays.
#13TropicMoon10Posted 4/24/2014 3:44:04 AM
I think the people complaining about Steam sales are the ones who wouldn't have been able to buy the game at all for full or half price. Making it 80% gives them some hope but it's still too much for them.

I have friends like that <_<
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#14maybecallsPosted 4/24/2014 4:12:01 AM
I've spent a lot of cash of games and gaming hardware over the decades, and I think it's great that I can finally game for so little outlay. I've actually only spent a total of 4.62 on games so far this year (one boxed game that activated on Steam for 4, and four games in Humble Bundle for 0.62). I don't plan to buy anything else atm.

The only game I'm REALLY looking forward to is M & B 2 Bannerlord, but that probably won't be out for ages yet, and there's no way I'd consider paying full price for it. Chances are I'll either spend 0 on games for the rest of this year, or a pittance on another Humble Bundle or two.

No more buyer's remorse, no more messing around trading games in before they lose most of their value......... Wonderful!
#15g7g7g7g7Posted 4/24/2014 5:57:36 AM
Considering all the free trading card monies that steam throws at me I'm running out of things on steam at less than $1 to buy.
---
"You know what's most annoying about hearing neighbors having sex?,
When it's too quiet*" - Umbongo
#16Freelance_WolfPosted 4/24/2014 6:25:25 AM
Am I the only one who only buys games if I actually want to play it?? It seems people are only buying games when they're on sale and/or if they have achievements/trading cards, and not because they actually want to play it. I wouldn't even buy a game for a cent if it's something I'm totally not interested in.

I'm one of the few people who still buys games at full price if I want it enough.
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#17SinisterSlayPosted 4/24/2014 6:28:53 AM(edited)
Freelance_Wolf posted...
Am I the only one who only buys games if I actually want to play it?? It seems people are only buying games when they're on sale and/or if they have achievements/trading cards, and not because they actually want to play it. I wouldn't even buy a game for a cent if it's something I'm totally not interested in.

I'm one of the few people who still buys games at full price if I want it enough.

I'm with you.

Although not much anymore that I am willing to pay full price on.
Last thing I paid full price on was Mount & Blade Warband and it was worth it.

The only way to have a hope in h*** in getting full price from me these days is to have a demo of the game.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#18godplaysSNESPosted 4/24/2014 6:55:24 AM(edited)
Most of my backlog comes from the humble bundles

I don't buy much from the Steam sales nowadays. It takes alot of time before newer games get huge discounts, and those that do often have expensive DLC instead that doubles the price.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#19SnadadosPosted 4/24/2014 7:50:49 AM
No point spending 99 cents if I'm never going to get around to playing the game.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?