This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Name your favorite Engine & Game that utilizes it + Jaw Drop moment

#1COMBINE_ADVISORPosted 4/24/2014 6:54:50 AM
Engine: Unreal Engine 1
Game: Unreal 1
Jaw Drop moment: Getting out of the Vortex Rikers for the first time
---
PS3: http://psnprofiles.com/ICO_1980 # PSV: http://psnprofiles.com/Ghostwriter_1980
#2SpazH3dPosted 4/24/2014 7:02:21 AM
Engine: The X-Ray engine
Game: STALKER: SoC
Jaw Drop moment: Just... creeping over a hill and seeing the most beautiful vistas. The skies, the grass swaying in the wind, the sounds, the colors, the AI doing its thing, buildings or areas in the distance. It felt magical to me.
---
- My vision is augmented
#3DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiCPosted 4/24/2014 7:03:59 AM
Engine: Unreal Engine 3
Game: Mirror's Edge
Jaw Drop Moment: When I was playing the demo and ran along a wall, jumped off, slid through a guard's legs and came up behind him, then disarmed him, all in about 3 seconds.
---
"Jon Jones and Bendo just slaying mother f***ers in the name of the lord" -- MICHALECOLE
#4romsnbombsPosted 4/24/2014 7:08:34 AM
idtech 5 with rage.

Smoothest gameplay experience I ever had. Not a single stutter or frame missed out during the whole game.
---
2600k | GTX 780 | P8P67 M Pro | 8GB | VG248QE G-Sync
#5SinisterSlayPosted 4/24/2014 7:13:02 AM
Engine: Photex2/Terrain5
Game: Monster Truck Madness 2
Jaw Drop Moment: Just how amazing it was compared to the first game. And it ran smooth too and did a beautiful job on the weather effects. I was amazed my old 200mhz and ati rage 1 could run it at 30-45fps. The first time I saw the rain and snow effects.

But then I had a second
Engine: Magic Carpet
Game: Populous the beginning
Jaw dropping moment: Seeing it on that same system running at max graphics for the time. And following lines in the dirt and manipulating the landscape with spells. And the first time I used the volcano spell.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#6g7g7g7g7Posted 4/24/2014 8:13:52 AM
SpazH3d posted...
Engine: The X-Ray engine
Game: STALKER: SoC
Jaw Drop moment: Just... creeping over a hill and seeing the most beautiful vistas. The skies, the grass swaying in the wind, the sounds, the colors, the AI doing its thing, buildings or areas in the distance. It felt magical to me.

---
"You know what's most annoying about hearing neighbors having sex?,
When it's too quiet*" - Umbongo
#7PhilOnDezPosted 4/24/2014 8:43:53 AM
Luna

Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time

It's just a really smooth running engine, I think a big part of that is that Insomniac doesn't really license it out so it's always the same teams working with it.

No real 'Wow!' moments with it but the PS3 Ratchet and Clank games look great in general, it's one of the only cartoony looking series I've been able to get into this previous gen.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#8foodeater4Posted 4/24/2014 8:59:40 AM
The only thing that really made me jawdrop in a video game was the first time hearing speech in a video game at home, and I think that was in altered beast on the sega genesis. Of course I was like 11 or something at the time too.
#9Benjamin_ButtonPosted 4/24/2014 9:04:36 AM
Engine: Source
Game: Portal
Jaw Drop moment: Portaling for the first time
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
#10blacklable1617Posted 4/24/2014 9:06:05 AM
Engine: Trespasser
Game: Trespasser
Jaw Drop Moment: The opening scene on the island really blew me away!
---
i5 3570K | Asrock z77 extreme4 | GTX 670 FTW | 8GB Ripjaws | Barracuda 1TB | HIVE 650W | H80i | X4+Naga | Raidmax Augusta |