This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How did YOU tweak Dark Souls 2?

#31revolverPosted 4/27/2014 6:48:01 AM
jakisthe posted...
Yeah, I tried that, and followed the readme, but...nothing changed? No new options, doesn't look any better, nothing.

You have to run the program as an administrator and click the activate button every time you play. If you down sample you have to choose the custom resolution in the game menu.

The enb guy made an enb for ds2! Looks a little over saturated at the moment but custom enb settings are coming and the game is almost back to looking like the e3 demo for all the whiners out there.
---
2500K @ 4.5 | GTX 670 | 8 GB | TX 650 | 128 GB ssd | CM 690 II
#32romsnbombsPosted 4/27/2014 7:16:07 AM(edited)
I don't even have dark souls, but I've been testing GeDoSaTo downsampler with other games. Nvidia need to implement something like this as a standard feature.

This has come at just the right time for me, since the G-sync monitor can't currently downsample any custom resolution at driver level, after it gets modified.
---
2600k | GTX 780 | P8P67 M Pro | 8GB | VG248QE G-Sync
#33jakisthePosted 4/27/2014 5:19:31 PM(edited)
revolver posted...
jakisthe posted...
Yeah, I tried that, and followed the readme, but...nothing changed? No new options, doesn't look any better, nothing.

You have to run the program as an administrator and click the activate button every time you play. If you down sample you have to choose the custom resolution in the game menu.

The enb guy made an enb for ds2! Looks a little over saturated at the moment but custom enb settings are coming and the game is almost back to looking like the e3 demo for all the whiners out there.

Yep, did those two. Nothing new, including no custom resolution.
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#34WyzeGyePosted 4/27/2014 5:16:49 PM
No downscaling on gsync? That's a weird conflict.
---
http://puu.sh/8hi9W/9082c43c30.png
#35aak57Posted 4/27/2014 5:25:54 PM
Jak, are you actually leaving the exe running? At first I thought that hitting activate was basically like using a patch and closed out, and noticed no change. When i left the program open though it worked.
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg
#36jakisthePosted 4/27/2014 5:54:07 PM
Ah, yes, that did it. Thanks GP.
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#37WyzeGyePosted 4/27/2014 7:17:54 PM
jakisthe posted...
Ah, yes, that did it. Thanks GP.

Futurama... Cookie pls
---
http://puu.sh/8hi9W/9082c43c30.png
#38CELTEKKPosted 4/27/2014 8:25:54 PM
AlleRacing posted...
I tried using nVidia Inspector to modify it as per the guide, but my Inspector seems to look a lot different than the one that was in the screenshots despite downloading it from the link provided. A lot of the options they showed simply aren't there for me, so I don't think I have it set up quite right.

Same here. I just turned up all the settings in the game, it looks great to me. Wasn't expecting any miracles as far as the visuals were concerned, it already looks a helluva lot better than DkS1.
---
psn:celtekk|steam:celtekk
3770k@4.8
#39daemon_danPosted 4/27/2014 8:50:55 PM
Downsampling from 4k. That's really all it needs to look stupidly good
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#40romsnbombsPosted 4/28/2014 2:38:41 AM(edited)
WyzeGye posted...
No downscaling on gsync? That's a weird conflict.

Indeed. It's kind of annoyed me, since g-sync eliminated the need for higher refresh rates, and downsampled resolutions are difficult to create at higher frequencies (before g-sync, I like to play at 120hz with no vsync, because it diminishes tearing).

This downsampling tool that has been created not only works with G-sync, but it works with 144hz G-sync as well. Not that it matters about the 144hz gsync in downsampled mode, since you would be unlikely to achieve high frame rates. But I'm just saying that even if G-sync didn't work, you could still downsample using the tool at high refresh rates to diminish tearing.

---
2600k | GTX 780 | P8P67 M Pro | 8GB | VG248QE G-Sync