This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good comp for the price?

#11KenshiroX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2014 10:29:45 PM
Nice. Now, looking at the item images, I'd imagine the cooling on this isnt bad? :)
#12Lonestar2000Posted 4/25/2014 11:20:33 PM
If that has a reference GPU it is probably loud.
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#13Loserman15Posted 4/25/2014 11:23:19 PM
Someone posted this 760 is a 192 bit memory bus or something? i dont think it is reference
#14link510Posted 4/26/2014 8:53:35 AM(edited)
KenshiroX posted...
Nice. Now, looking at the item images, I'd imagine the cooling on this isnt bad? :)

The cooling will be poor. That PC will have terrible airflow and the CPU is using the stock cooler. BUT you can't overclock it so it won't matter anyway.

I noticed that the power supply is 80 plus gold though. That rightly seems to disprove the notion of all prebuilts using crappy power supplies. Also, that guy who said it could use a better video card needs to STFU, because a 760 is great midrange card that will do very well at 1080p.

But the case is still hideous.

Edit: Actually, the guy who was talking about the GPU probably just meant that it's a weak match for a 4770, which is probably true. Still, that's about the kind of GPU power you'd get in a $900 build if you put it together yourself.
#15Loserman15Posted 4/26/2014 8:58:17 AM
Nah, it really is non-reference. Looking at the specs, it only has 1.5gb of memory.
#16SnadadosPosted 4/26/2014 9:42:17 AM
link510 posted...
KenshiroX posted...

The cooling will be poor. That PC will have terrible airflow and the CPU is using the stock cooler. BUT you can't overclock it so it won't matter anyway.

I noticed that the power supply is 80 plus gold though. That rightly seems to disprove the notion of all prebuilts using crappy power supplies.

80 plus gold does not mean the parts are of a good quality and it is quite common for lower end units, and even some high end, to lie about the certification.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?