This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Strange internet trouble-help?

#1Zero17Posted 4/25/2014 6:47:49 PM
I sent in one of my Laptops for warranty repair. Got it back today, turn it on, appears good at first. I open internet explorer (so I can DL firefox and chrome obviously) and...nothing.

IE opens up. I see the address bar at the top and a single tab open-but nothing on the tab. It doesn't go to a homepage like I'd expect, nor does it display any other sort of page you might see, such as recently visited webpages. Thought nothing of it-type in google.com to get firefox, hit enter...nothing.

I check the network, and use the troubleshooter. All is well, it's connected. It doesn't give me any errors. It doesn't...do anything. I have no other browser on that computer right now, and am uncertain how to proceed. When I click the cog in the upper right corner, most of the options are greyed out, including Internet Options, Developer tools, Pinned Sites, manage downloads, etc. The only ones I can click are file and delete browsing history (which there isn't any since it won't go anywhere!)

Anyone got any tips?
---
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/6568/zero17sig.png
#2CELTEKKPosted 4/25/2014 6:56:58 PM
I'm assuming since it's a laptop your using wireless. if you have an Ethernet cable, try plugging that in and see if that works.

also if you're using wireless i assume you have a wireless signal?
---
psn:celtekk|steam:celtekk
3770k@4.8
#3LordSeiferPosted 4/25/2014 7:07:17 PM(edited)
its not his internet connection style.

id suggest putting firefox on a usb drive or having someone send it to you via skype etc if you have that installed
---
^ this