This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So with DS2 being out on PC now

#1noimnoturdaddyPosted 4/25/2014 10:42:52 PM(edited)
I'm going to admit that I wish I would've played it at launch on the console when it was new, as opposed to getting in after all the excitement and knowing that most people have experienced it already. It really isn't worth postponing being in on the ground-floor of hype with the rest of the community just to get dolled-up sloppy seconds.

I'm already encountering hackers in PvP on the PC version as well, because of how much easier it is cheat your file compared to consoles, and that's another reason I'm regretting waiting as well. It's a decent franchise, but aside from these two issues with the port, it's just painfully obvious that while it can be made to run and look better on PC, its home will always be consoles.
---
"Are you Ron Swanson?" - CatToy to me, upon realizing what a manly man I am
#2Grimlink132Posted 4/25/2014 10:43:35 PM
i was in a cave for a month so I'm still pretty excited
#3pitt12177Posted 4/25/2014 10:43:47 PM
Dear gamefaqs,

Today I woke up. I am proud.

Love,
noimnoturdaddy
#4CELTEKKPosted 4/25/2014 10:43:48 PM
so you're more concerned with the fact that people have already played through the game instead of having actual fun?

oh, you're that guy.
---
psn:celtekk|steam:celtekk
3770k@4.8
#5noimnoturdaddy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2014 10:44:54 PM
No, I'm enjoying it for what it is, but some of the wind is taken out of the sails for the reasons I've listed.
---
#6noimnoturdaddy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2014 10:46:43 PM
I mean, Led Zeppelin is still good, but it would've been better to be listening to them when they were current. Games go from "new" to "stale" pretty quick in the community, one month is a long time in this industry.
---
#7CELTEKKPosted 4/25/2014 10:46:53 PM
noimnoturdaddy posted...
No, I'm enjoying it for what it is, but some of the wind is taken out of the sails for the reasons I've listed.

you said hackers, but there'd be hackers even if it was released early for PC. so other than the fact that people have already been through the content, what gripe do you have? of course there'll be hackers. but they are the minority.
---
psn:celtekk|steam:celtekk
3770k@4.8
#8pitt12177Posted 4/25/2014 10:47:53 PM
Dearest blogfaqs,

I noticed one of my arms is longer than the other. I am contemplating cutting the longer one off because it is upsetting me. I will report back.

Yours Truly,
noimnoturdaddy
#9noimnoturdaddy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2014 10:53:27 PM
CELTEKK posted...
you said hackers, but there'd be hackers even if it was released early for PC.

I know there'd be more hackers on PC regardless of when it was released. If I had remembered how bad PvP in DS1 on PC was due to cheaters, I think I would've picked up DS2 for consoles anyway. But I forgot. I'm not putting this on "From Software", it's the nature of online PC gaming, but it is something that gives the PC version (to me) a big negative compared to the consoles. There's less integrity just because it's easier for people to cheat, invade your game and then you have to deal with it.

CELTEKK posted...
so other than the fact that people have already been through the content, what gripe do you have?

Mainly how the game is still designed for a controller, even they took some time to make M&K better it's still far from optimal (even menu navigation with the mouse feels clunky, it's still a console interface). Again that's just the nature of the game, DS is a console franchise. It feels like a month later to play a console game at 60fps with more hackers in the player pool.
---
#10noimnoturdaddy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2014 10:56:26 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]