This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So with DS2 being out on PC now

#11ClouddxPosted 4/25/2014 10:59:52 PM
It's not that hard to ignore game forums and not let other people spoil the fun. I know nothing about DS2 except for the parts I've played and I'm glad I waited.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#12AsucaHayashiPosted 4/25/2014 11:05:29 PM
i like how TC set himself up for failure.

i can just imagine him watching and reading all about it and desperately waiting for it to come out while joining in on lots of discussions(or just reading them) without actually having played it.

just awesome.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg
#13The_Count_FooPosted 4/25/2014 11:06:13 PM
It was a lot of fun that launch week on ps3. There was really no information online so you had to figure it out yourself if you got stuck. The PvP seemed better too because you couldn't look up a build and respec. I crunched a lot of noobs that week.
---
Divided by night...
#14Nineteen99Posted 4/26/2014 12:02:11 AM
I love Dead Space 2!
---
"There must be some kind of way out of here, said the joker to the thief. There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief."
#15SlaynPosted 4/26/2014 2:55:44 AM
I honestly can't tell if this is troll. It is such a stupid STUPID topic. Wow.
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.
#16noimnoturdaddy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2014 6:56:20 AM
AsucaHayashi posted...
i like how TC set himself up for failure.

i can just imagine him watching and reading all about it and desperately waiting for it to come out while joining in on lots of discussions(or just reading them) without actually having played it.

just awesome.

Didn't do any of that.
---
"Are you Ron Swanson?" - CatToy to me, upon realizing what a manly man I am
#17TropicMoon10Posted 4/26/2014 7:07:41 AM
It's hardly "sloppy seconds" when you can play at a preferred higher resolution and get twice the framerate.

I personally don't give a damn about the hype surrounding a game. If others have enjoyed a game before me then good for them. I know Dark Souls 2 will be an enjoyable game for me and I'll happily play it in my own time. I just have other games to play at the moment.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#18dekouPosted 4/26/2014 7:25:45 AM
It was just a month of "wait" and we got a prettier game out of it. Personally, I never understood why people are so eager to play games right away. My 50 games long Steam backlog is more than enough to keep me occupied and if someone else has already played through the game... why should I care?

Besides, the console version of DS2 is ugly and choppy. Maybe my standards are too high, but sub-HD with some crappy blur they call AA and 30 FPS just don't cut it for me.
---
Intel Pentium II OC @ 450 MHz | 128 Mb RAM | Falcon Northwest Special Edition Maxi Gamer Xentor 32 SE | 2x 4 Gb Seagate HDD
#19Majoras_pantsPosted 4/26/2014 7:31:24 AM
dekou posted...
It was just a month of "wait" and we got a prettier game out of it. Personally, I never understood why people are so eager to play games right away. My 50 games long Steam backlog is more than enough to keep me occupied and if someone else has already played through the game... why should I care?

Besides, the console version of DS2 is ugly and choppy. Maybe my standards are too high, but sub-HD with some crappy blur they call AA and 30 FPS just don't cut it for me.

It's mostly console games in a rush. And it makes sense.

PC gets great games all the time. At least a few a month. Consoles get one every month or two. Console gamers hate waiting because they're not getting great games while they wait.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#20noimnoturdaddy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2014 7:37:43 AM(edited)
PC gets more games, but I wouldn't say we're getting a few great titles a month. The reason people look forward to something like "Dark Souls 2" on PC is the same reason people look forward to it on consoles, it stands out and people are eager to play it.

We get a lot more on PC in the interim to keep us busy while waiting for game's like "Dark Souls", but it isn't like we're getting high-quality AAA games every month, or even high quality indie games every month.

I think the last game I really looked forward to until DS2 on PC was "Bioshock Infinite", so yeah, what you're saying about us getting more to look forward to just because Steam is flooded with games these days isn't true.
---
"Are you Ron Swanson?" - CatToy to me, upon realizing what a manly man I am