This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

has any game ever made you cry?

#201BogePosted 4/28/2014 12:11:45 PM
The Last of Us, The Walking Dead. The only two games.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#202chandl34Posted 4/28/2014 12:31:21 PM(edited)
Motobug321 posted...
Mother 3.

1) When Flint loses it, after hearing his wife is dead.
2) When you see Claus die.
3) When you're pit against your brother, as the final boss, who was brought back to life as a cyborg.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#203KenshiroXPosted 4/28/2014 12:46:44 PM
I had tears in my eyes during ME3, for some of the scripted deaths, so yes.
#204Bellum_SacrumPosted 4/28/2014 12:47:44 PM
Boge posted...

You should try the Twilight series.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#205hyper12Posted 4/28/2014 12:52:21 PM
MGS 3 - Final boss and ending.

MGS 4 - Final boss and the overall nostalgia. Reminded me of MGS 1 which I played in better times..

Persona 3 - The atmosphere helped but the ending.

.. I don't tear up while playing games but for some reason those 3 hit me really hard.
---
I tried to be open minded but I was afraid my brain would fall out.
#206CthulhuMessiahPosted 4/28/2014 1:40:48 PM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
Boge posted...

You should try the Twilight series.

Those are too high brow for him, he should watch the Scary Movies.
#207a_Wizards_BakerPosted 4/28/2014 2:03:37 PM(edited)
Wow, i can't believe so many people are saying they have.

I can honestly say that I have never cried or felt much of any emotion, apart from satisfaction, when playing a game. Perhaps i'm just not that enthused with the characters or story?

Wait, you know what. I probably cried at one point or another with a NES game in the 1980s when I was like 6 years old. Those would have been tears of frustration though.

This is true for me as well; I think I was 5 the first time i played our family's new NES and cried not being able to make the first jump in Mario.
#208CthulhuMessiahPosted 4/28/2014 5:48:45 PM
a_Wizards_Baker posted...

I can honestly say that I have never cried or felt much of any emotion, apart from satisfaction, when playing a game. Perhaps i'm just not that enthused with the characters or story?

Wait, you know what. I probably cried at one point or another with a NES game in the 1980s when I was like 6 years old. Those would have been tears of frustration though.

This is true for me as well; I think I was 5 the first time i played our family's new NES and cried not being able to make the first jump in Mario.

Perhaps you are a sociopath and cannot relate to others?
#209MaxCHEATER64Posted 4/28/2014 6:02:11 PM
CthulhuMessiah posted...

This. I bet he wanted Vader to win, too!
---
http://i.imgur.com/zkNfWZ0.png
"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003
#210a_Wizards_BakerPosted 4/29/2014 9:15:25 AM
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
CthulhuMessiah posted...

This. I bet he wanted Vader to win, too!

I'm would have loved that ending, good guys triumphing is so trite :p

Topic got me curious and I asked around my circle of friends -- none of us have cried playing a video game. Perhaps we are a ring of sociopaths?