This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Be a Part of an XCOM UFO Defense Let's Play!

#1chronotrig100Posted 4/26/2014 12:31:58 PM
Hi everyone!

I've decided that I want to do a Let's Play on XCOM UFO Defense since I love the game so much. However, I thought that I would put a twist on it. As anyone who's played an XCOM game knows, naming your soldiers and getting attached to them is half the fun of XCOM. This is where you guys, the viewers come in. I want YOU to join the XCOM army.

I thought it would be fun for the people watching to see how far they can survive (and maybe rise to the occasion) against the alien threat. All you have to do is leave a post saying that you want to be in it and I'll name an XCOM soldier with your username (you may also put down another alias if you don't want me to use your username).

With any XCOM game, there will be a lot of casualties (especially considering I'm not amazing at the game) so I'll need a decent number of names to get this to work, so if you know someone else who might be interested in something like this, let them know!

For those who aren't aware of what XCOM UFO Defense is (or only knows the XCOM brand through the recent games), UFO Defense was a strategy game made for MSDOS by Microprose. Its one part base management and one part turn based combat. The base management is prepping the soldiers with weapons, managing finances, and researching. The combat is turn based where you command a squad of soldiers against an alien squad in semi randomly generatored maps.

Victory is not guaranteed and there will be no save scumming or exploits in this run. However, with your help, we just might be able to drive the alien menace back!

Link to youtube video about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9PTHuAiTz4
---
The fastest pinball in space.
#2chronotrig100(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2014 1:50:16 PM
Any interest in something like this?
---
#3sonic_man00Posted 4/26/2014 2:04:13 PM
I don't get to play, But okay.

Just sign me into the team as sonic_man. I don't care how far I get, I just want to be a part. lol
---
Windows 8 - AMD Dual-Core E-3000 - 4 GB RAM - ATi Radeon HD 6310
I will change this sig when Gabe posts a picture of himself eating a Twinkie.
#4Epic-GamerPosted 4/26/2014 2:07:27 PM
Epic-Gamer here, and i'd love to join. :D
---
My psn:E-TankGamer
If i had something to put here...i would.
#5chronotrig100(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2014 2:36:16 PM
Excellent! I'm glad you guys are interested. I think this will be a fun way to do it since people will get all the more attached to their soldiers (and all the more devastated if they die lol).

I don't get to play, But okay.

Sorry, I should have made it more clear that XCOM is a single player game and that I'll be controlling the soldier you're named after.
---
#6xanthan1Posted 4/26/2014 2:37:46 PM
Screw it, put me down as Nathaniel.
#7WyzeGyePosted 4/26/2014 2:41:02 PM
I shall be WyzeGye
---
http://puu.sh/8hi9W/9082c43c30.png
#8chronotrig100(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2014 3:23:38 PM
Awesome! if we can just get a few more names, I should be able to start on it tomorrow probably (more people can always join in later as we need new soldiers)
---
#9sonic_man00Posted 4/26/2014 3:25:24 PM
chronotrig100 posted...
Awesome! if we can just get a few more names, I should be able to start on it tomorrow probably (more people can always join in later as we need new soldiers)

Can I have 2 characters?
---
Windows 8 - AMD Dual-Core E-3000 - 4 GB RAM - ATi Radeon HD 6310
I will change this sig when Gabe posts a picture of himself eating a Twinkie.
#10chronotrig100(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2014 3:38:45 PM
sonic_man00 posted...
chronotrig100 posted...

Can I have 2 characters?

For right now, I wanna try to keep it one name per person. However, due to XCOM's unforgiving nature, this might be something I allow later if we're in dire need of soldiers and no one new is joining.
---