This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Be a Part of an XCOM UFO Defense Let's Play!

#131AshmerAmadeusPosted 5/23/2014 8:37:10 PM
Bummer about Mickey Mouse. He was pulling a legit Duke Nukem until he ate that grenade. 7 men lost. I think thats the highest so far. On the bright side, I did manage to get promoted.
#132Zelda_AranPosted 5/23/2014 9:11:38 PM
AshmerAmadeus posted...
Bummer about Mickey Mouse. He was pulling a legit Duke Nukem until he ate that grenade. 7 men lost. I think thats the highest so far. On the bright side, I did manage to get promoted.

I literally lost count of how many aliens Mickey Mouse killed, that's how good he was doing! He was a legend in the making.
---
"Oh, was that a bit too much?"-Raine Sage, ToS
"Two men enter, one man leaves"-Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
#133AshmerAmadeusPosted 5/24/2014 4:02:39 AM
Zelda_Aran posted...
AshmerAmadeus posted...

I literally lost count of how many aliens Mickey Mouse killed, that's how good he was doing! He was a legend in the making.

My primary character is both alive, and has been promoted to Sgt. Amadeus. Having lost 7 good men in the process, if you are short on names you can use either of the two I mentioned earlier
#134chronotrig100(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2014 12:27:04 PM
Somegal was the victim of first stepitis. It a disease contracted in about 1 in 5 X-COM soldiers. Unfortunately the only known cure is a disgusting medicine known as save scum.

AshmerAmadeus posted...
Zelda_Aran posted...
AshmerAmadeus posted...

My primary character is both alive, and has been promoted to Sgt. Amadeus. Having lost 7 good men in the process, if you are short on names you can use either of the two I mentioned earlier

Haha, I might just have to use another one of those names.

Unfortunately, no new sets over the weekend as I am on vacation out of town. However, there is sure to be more alien killing action when I get back! Once we get the names for soldiers to fill up the ULTIMATE KRAFT, we shall bring doom upon the alien forces.
---
The fastest pinball in space.
#135chronotrig100(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2014 2:01:10 PM
Also, any thoughts on a Jagged Alliance 2 LP later on? Would that be something you guys are interested in? I'd be going into it completely blind (never really played or heard of it until recently) so I think it might be kind of fun to do.
---
#136AshmerAmadeusPosted 5/24/2014 4:06:28 PM
chronotrig100 posted...
Also, any thoughts on a Jagged Alliance 2 LP later on? Would that be something you guys are interested in? I'd be going into it completely blind (never really played or heard of it until recently) so I think it might be kind of fun to do.

I've never heard of Jagged Alliance either. A very quick google search says it looks like X-Com, so it gets my vote.

I've checked out some of your other LPs. When you did Soul Blazer, you should have "crab walked" the first boss with the conveyor belt.

Knowing nothing about JA2, any idea if you could name the mercs like you name the soldiers for X-Com?
#137chronotrig100(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2014 5:43:35 PM
AshmerAmadeus posted...
chronotrig100 posted...

I've never heard of Jagged Alliance either. A very quick google search says it looks like X-Com, so it gets my vote.

I've checked out some of your other LPs. When you did Soul Blazer, you should have "crab walked" the first boss with the conveyor belt.

Knowing nothing about JA2, any idea if you could name the mercs like you name the soldiers for X-Com?

Thanks for watching some of the older ones! I know some of them can be kinda rough (especially Soul Blazer, it was one of my first ones).

From what I understand of JA2 (I kinda just hit new game and played with a few things), it plays very similar to XCOM, but almost looks like it also plays a little bit like Fallout Tactics as well. The only thing is that I don't think you can edit the names of the soldiers. All the soldiers seem to have dialog and personalities attached to them already I think. I'm not 100% sure on this though because I haven't played around with it too much. If I do it for an LP, I want to go in as blind as possible because I think it can be more fun that way (with tips from the people watching of course).
---
#138InterfusorPosted 5/25/2014 1:20:37 AM
Yeah! I loved JA2. Especially the questions you had to answer when you made the characters (If I remember right).
---
I am not economically viable.
#139chronotrig100(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2014 8:55:36 AM
Interfusor posted...
Yeah! I loved JA2. Especially the questions you had to answer when you made the characters (If I remember right).

Excellent! I'm thinking I'll do a JA2 LP after a short LP of something else inbetween X-COM and JA2. Hopefully I'll be able to do another set of X-COM tomorrow when I get home.
---
#140BogePosted 5/27/2014 9:45:08 AM
With Jagged Alliance 2, if you use the 1.13 mod, you can create up to 6 mercs. All the rest are premade. It's the best tactical game I've ever played.

If you do play with the 1.13 mod, I recommend using the "Vanilla" setting in the launcher, otherwise it will be too hard for a newbie.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png