This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Be a Part of an XCOM UFO Defense Let's Play!

#31chronotrig100(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2014 11:43:47 AM
chandl34 posted...
I'd recommend a no mind control, no blaster launcher, no sniping game. They make the game too easy. Play on Superhuman with its XComUtil fix.

Haha well I'm not very good at the game so I'm gonna play on beginning (I am aware of the difficulty bug though, I've just never installed XCOMUtil before). I am thinking no blaster launcher though as that is pretty easy chessy. I haven't decided on mind control yet. I just got done recording the first set so I'll let you guys know when its finished uploading.
---
The fastest pinball in space.
#32Cool_Dude667Posted 4/27/2014 11:50:39 AM
I will sign up, just don't let me die a few feet from the Skyranger please :(
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#33chandl34Posted 4/27/2014 11:52:54 AM
Btw, in case you didn't know about it, what I mean by sniping is: range has virtually no bearing on accuracy in X-COM or TFTD. 77% is 77% at point blank range and from the opposite side of the map. But, if you miss your 77% hit roll, the shot flies off randomly. So, at point blank, you're more likely to hit your target with a "miss".

You can have a durable unit, like a tank, out in front and all your squad members a few screens back with a clear line of sight, and clear maps with virtually no risk (unless, your scouts die). The only thing more overpowered is a team of mind controllers, clearing whole maps without leaving the starting grid.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#34chronotrig100(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2014 11:56:30 AM
chandl34 posted...
Btw, in case you didn't know about it, what I mean by sniping is: range has virtually no bearing on accuracy in X-COM or TFTD. 77% is 77% at point blank range and from the opposite side of the map. But, if you miss your 77% hit roll, the shot flies off randomly. So, at point blank, you're more likely to hit your target with a "miss".

You can have a durable unit, like a tank, out in front and all your squad members a few screens back with a clear line of sight, and clear maps with virtually no risk (unless, your scouts die). The only thing more overpowered is a team of mind controllers, clearing whole maps without leaving the starting grid.

Interesting, I had no idea that range wasn't a factor on accuracy in this game, but it makes sense what you say. As a rule of thumb, I'll have the soldiers have to actually see the aliens themselves to take shots then.
---
#35chandl34Posted 4/27/2014 12:02:48 PM
Yeah, this is one area where Jagged Alliance 2 improved on the X-COM design. Range matters in that game.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#36chronotrig100(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2014 12:58:41 PM
Alright guys, first set is up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIx6zmgLR3Q&feature=share&list=PLTxdxjKvu7JBFnXOerrG_VixNrbSg8dl2

Thanks to everyone who is participating. I hope you guys enjoy it! Unfortunately the sound gets desynced a little ways into the set, however I believe I know the issue and it shouldn't happen in the future, sorry about that guys.
---
#37PartTheHorizonPosted 4/27/2014 1:33:26 PM
If you need more soldiers eventually you can put me in as Veritech!
#38chronotrig100(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2014 1:50:07 PM
PartTheHorizon posted...
If you need more soldiers eventually you can put me in as Veritech!

Sounds great! Don't worry, we'll definitely be needing more soldiers once the more...... "nasty" aliens come a knockin.
---
#39chronotrig100(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2014 2:02:33 PM
Sorry for anyone watching if part 3 wasn't up. It was stuck with youtube processing it for like an hour, but its up now.
---
#40Zelda_AranPosted 4/27/2014 2:33:35 PM
The alien wars begin! We lost some good men today, but i feel a celebration is in store. Anyone here have blackjack and hookers?
---
"Oh, was that a bit too much?"-Raine Sage, ToS
"Two men enter, one man leaves"-Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome