This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Star Wars EU including games non-cannon.

#11WyzeGyePosted 4/26/2014 4:06:28 PM
lol.

nerds
---
http://puu.sh/8hi9W/9082c43c30.png
#12CatToyPosted 4/26/2014 4:12:59 PM
So what this REALLY means between the tiny set of movies versus the massive expanded universe that's kept Star Wars alive for the last 30 years, is that the movies aren't canon to the expanded universe.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#13clowningPosted 4/26/2014 4:20:06 PM
El_Kaz posted...
I'll never understand the fans' obsession toward the whole canon vs non-canon concept.
It's a fictional Universe... none of it actually happened! You've just got several versions of that fictional Universe branching out instead of a single cohesive version, that's all.

One commenter on the Star Wars EU story said he was disappointed because he now felt like having read the Star Wars EU books was a waste of time. What... the... f***...

---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#14SneakiestNegPosted 4/26/2014 4:25:01 PM
Its Disney. What do you expect? Just be happy that the internet makes everything accessible so long as someone out there seeds. Nothing is ever out of print or deliberately hidden anymore!
#15xKynOxPosted 4/26/2014 4:34:13 PM
good
#16luigi33Posted 4/26/2014 5:04:43 PM
Does that mean the Old Republic era never happened?
---
Specs: [Intel i5 3570k] [16GB DDR3] [GA-Z77X-UD3H]
[CM Hyper 212+] [GTX 760]
Steam ID: xcyper33
#17EpicKingdom_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2014 5:16:04 PM(edited)
luigi33 posted...
Does that mean the Old Republic era never happened?

Yup. It doesn't matter to me though. The Old Republic era is awesome. Question is, will they/anyone ever continue on something (KOTOR III) for example, if it doesn't exist anymore? I guess it's possible, it'll just be regarded as non-cannon now. I don't know.

---
http://i.imgur.com/bY3txRa.png
#18TruePowerSeekerPosted 4/26/2014 5:52:32 PM
CatToy posted...
So what this REALLY means between the tiny set of movies versus the massive expanded universe that's kept Star Wars alive for the last 30 years, is that the movies aren't canon to the expanded universe.

That is a very good point. The EU has more lore than any of the movies. The movies have thinly veiled references to past events without actually explaining any of the mythos.

The movies are just kind of bland without the back story. Hell Darth Maul is a dumb character that is a good fighter. Then you read the journal and he actually becomes a character.

Vader and Sidious were extremely weak in the movies and move very slow for top level sith. When you look at EU though you have Vader blasting giant electric balls of death and Sidious using a body switch ability to survive past the 6th movie.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alX4leh13s8
#19godplaysSNESPosted 4/26/2014 5:56:19 PM
Good
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#20darkstar4221Posted 4/26/2014 6:09:40 PM(edited)
TruePowerSeeker posted...
CatToy posted...

That is a very good point. The EU has more lore than any of the movies. The movies have thinly veiled references to past events without actually explaining any of the mythos.

The movies are just kind of bland without the back story. Hell Darth Maul is a dumb character that is a good fighter. Then you read the journal and he actually becomes a character.

Vader and Sidious were extremely weak in the movies and move very slow for top level sith. When you look at EU though you have Vader blasting giant electric balls of death and Sidious using a body switch ability to survive past the 6th movie.

And Disney is insulting the people who contributed to the Star Wars franchise. If Lucas actually tried to help expand the franchise instead of remaining idle for so many years and just releasing movies this wouldn't be an issue. Episode seven should have been released years ago.