This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that are like Rollercoaster/Zoo Tycoon?

#21Darth_KamcioPosted 4/27/2014 11:54:37 AM
Theme Hospital is great. It has about the same qualities RCT had - a bit of (crude?) humour, freedom, all packed into the game's theme.

And I think it's more or less from the same gaming "era".
---
I love dragons!
3DS FC: 3625-8721-3670; pokemon name: Kamil
#22PsythikPosted 4/27/2014 11:56:50 AM
I can't believe no one's mentioned Ski Resort Tycoon. I wasted so many hours of my teenage years on that game.
---
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg
#23Arcadia__personPosted 4/27/2014 2:56:01 PM
unclee posted...
Arcadia__person posted...
I find it really weird that it's so hard to find a game of the same genre and quality of Roller Coaster Tycoon. I'm with capgamer in a sense-- RCT is not my favorite series, but I've definitely never played anything in that genre that I feel comes close to it.

I don't get the dislike for RCT3 though. I think that game is easily on par with the rest of the series.

Probably because it ran like crap on pretty much everything when it was released, which soured a lot of people to the game. It runs fabulous on current hardware these days, but I remember back when it came out it was pretty terrible.

That makes sense. I don't think I played it very close to when it came out, so I just never ran into that.
---
3DS F.C = 0387 - 9320 - 6533. Eric from Hawkeye
#24temgunPosted 4/27/2014 3:04:07 PM
Banished and Tropico 4 are kinda similar in a way that if you like RCT, there's no reason you wouldn't like these two. There are not that many games like that anymore.

If you are okay with non-Steam games, check out The Movies. Very similar to RCT and I'd say it's even better than RCT.
#25MaxCHEATER64Posted 4/27/2014 3:05:34 PM
NoLimits is great if you only care about the roller coasters, and are willing to put a LOT of time into perfecting one. It's used by actual rollercoaster engineers, and because of that it's very advanced.
---
http://i.imgur.com/zkNfWZ0.png
"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003