This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

does crysis 3 suck?

#31cody4783Posted 4/27/2014 5:22:09 PM
DiviDude posted...
I thought they were all pretty forgettable. I liked 2 best because stealth was most viable in that compared to the other two, but even so, meh all around.

Viable in the sense the enemies essentially forget you exist the minute you go cloak?

I could be standing 5ft from an enemy in Crysis 2, cloak, and they'd yell something to the extent of "S*** HE'S CLOAKED, WATCH YOURSELF!" and then proceed to just bugger off as far away from me as possible. And/or just go back to his post like nothing happened.

That is, assuming he didn't just get stuck wedging his face into a wall on the way.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#32DiviDudePosted 4/27/2014 5:28:11 PM
cody4783 posted...
DiviDude posted...
I thought they were all pretty forgettable. I liked 2 best because stealth was most viable in that compared to the other two, but even so, meh all around.

Viable in the sense the enemies essentially forget you exist the minute you go cloak?

I could be standing 5ft from an enemy in Crysis 2, cloak, and they'd yell something to the extent of "S*** HE'S CLOAKED, WATCH YOURSELF!" and then proceed to just bugger off as far away from me as possible. And/or just go back to his post like nothing happened.

That is, assuming he didn't just get stuck wedging his face into a wall on the way.

Which is still better than "stealth for 4 feet before running out of energy and getting sniped by a guy a mile away" as in the first Crysis, or the third game having basically the same mechanics as in Crysis 2 but maps inappropriate for stealth anyway.

What I'm saying it, stealth was actually usable in Crysis 2. You could stealth your way through a map without any of that stuff you're complaining about if you did it well. But again, meh all around.
#33cody4783Posted 4/27/2014 5:34:00 PM
DiviDude posted...
Which is still better than "stealth for 4 feet before running out of energy and getting sniped by a guy a mile away" as in the first Crysis, or the third game having basically the same mechanics as in Crysis 2 but maps inappropriate for stealth anyway.

Cloak was already pretty damn powerful in Crysis 1...the fact you actually COULD run for a mile with Cloak in the later games just made it silly...adding in the wonky AI just saying "Eh, f*** it" when you cloak...eugh.

Cloak was meant for breaking line of sight and letting enemies pass so you could engage, and/or letting the heat cool down after being spotted. Not really to use for long stretches or traveling reasonably large sections of Crysis 2 and 3's relatively smaller maps. Least IMO, as someone who played the hell out of the first two games, on modified extreme difficulties.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#34gunner967Posted 4/27/2014 5:48:40 PM
I personally thought that 1 was really good, 2 was meh, and then 3 was pretty good too. It's not nearly as good as 1 though.
---
Xbox Live- A Killing Pie ~~~ PSN- A_Killing_Pie
"I'm going to put my quantum harmonizer in your photonic resonation chamber!"
#35DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/28/2014 12:55:16 AM
cody4783 posted...
DiviDude posted...

Cloak was already pretty damn powerful in Crysis 1...the fact you actually COULD run for a mile with Cloak in the later games just made it silly...adding in the wonky AI just saying "Eh, f*** it" when you cloak...eugh.

Cloak was meant for breaking line of sight and letting enemies pass so you could engage, and/or letting the heat cool down after being spotted. Not really to use for long stretches or traveling reasonably large sections of Crysis 2 and 3's relatively smaller maps. Least IMO, as someone who played the hell out of the first two games, on modified extreme difficulties.

Or chain together stealth grab+duck on ceph for infinite suit energy and free kills.
That was just silly.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#36popping4itPosted 4/28/2014 1:32:24 AM(edited)
crysis is a poorly designed game series.

its like they hired a team of artists, programmers, and fired every person that worked on game design.

the funny thing is that the farcry series which was supposed to be a poor man's crysis by farcry 3 it out crysis'd the entire franchise.
---
whens mahvel?