This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Borderlands 2 vs Diablo 3

#11NicodimusPosted 4/27/2014 10:42:26 AM
I've only played the PS3 version of Diablo 3, and I liked it a lot better than the PC version of BL2. That's not really a surprise though, since I have an affinity for loot RPGs and a disdain for most FPS.
---
My movie room: http://imgur.com/a/IjWr1
My pets: http://imgur.com/a/P9VGU
#12Moorish_IdolPosted 4/27/2014 12:48:42 PM
Two completely different genres. Can't compare.
#13Cool_Dude667Posted 4/27/2014 12:52:09 PM
wdfoster posted...
D3 with RoS

---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#14overkillwfo1978Posted 4/27/2014 12:58:41 PM
I will put more hours into D3 RoS. BL2 was miles better than D3 vanilla, but D3 now is awesome imo. Still... D3 is just a better loot grind. Now as far as actual game production, story, sounds, graphics ect. BL2 wins all of that. As a whole, it is technically a better game but, as far as loot and difficulty scaling (the 2 things that matter the most in a loot grind game) D3 has it beat.

BL2 lost it's way with "Ultimate Vault Hunter mode" imo. The enemy difficulties and health pools became so overwhelming and tedious to overcome that the game lost most of its replay value. D3 has so many difficulties that you can find one just right for your current level/gear/skill.

I may start a new character on BL2 someday... but I have already surpassed the hours I put into it with D3 by several hundred.
---
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten" -George Carlin
#15JKatarnPosted 4/27/2014 1:00:01 PM
Why is there so much binary thinking around here - you MUST like one game or another, like choosing sides in some armed conflict. It is possible to appreciate the gameplay/merits of similar games without preferring one over the other.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#16overkillwfo1978Posted 4/27/2014 1:02:23 PM
Moorish_Idol posted...
Two completely different genres. Can't compare.

Not completely different. At their cores, both are very, very rooted in the aspect of loot grinding and leveling up your character. Obviously the gameplay is much different, but those two aspects make the games comparable.
---
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten" -George Carlin
#17EpicKingdom_Posted 4/27/2014 1:05:57 PM
Borderlands 1 & 2 will bore you to death.
---
http://i.imgur.com/bY3txRa.png
#18TheOtherGuyXPosted 4/27/2014 1:09:08 PM
Where is the "They both suck" option?
---
"The only thing that comes to a sleeping man is dreams."
#19CatToyPosted 4/27/2014 1:26:03 PM
I love both, but I voted Diablo 3 just because it has a closed online server, something that Borderlands desperately needs as an option.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#20Ivany2008Posted 4/27/2014 1:30:25 PM
The borderlands 2 base game had a couple moments which were nice, but overall the DLC including the headhunter packs made the game worth it.

D3 however was mediocre at the start, and has just become playable with the expansion pack. It still has a bit of work to go, and I think their next expansion should bring it back to maybe the diablo 2 base game fun experience. I would love to see bigger socketed items make a return, as well as runewords with the previous 6 Gems from diablo 2 in a different form. It would probably be wise to either make the Pony level worth playing, or bring back the cow level or some form of it.