This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a game in the US that's like Monster Hunter on PC?

#11majinbuu58Posted 4/27/2014 8:12:28 PM
Tera and vindictus(is this even still a thing?)
#12josh_bPosted 4/27/2014 9:10:35 PM
Fade2black001 posted...
Isn't there a Monster Hunter MMO?

Not released stateside yet
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, PNY GTX 780TI SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD updating to i7 shortly
Xbox live: tanis8585
#13josh_bPosted 4/27/2014 9:11:25 PM
jake-sf posted...
josh_b posted...
I would Recommend Tera Online simply because of the giant world bosses... I forget what they are called. Also the combat in Tera Online is the best in any MMO to date.

Tera is about the only medieval "action" RPG in the last decade that does good combat for PC. (that isn't just a click-movement diablo style game)

Its often compared to Monster Hunter but I've never played Monster Hunter.

But Tera's dungeons & big monsters are definitely fun to deal with when you got a group.

Thats actually the only reason to play the game since its otherwise a poor MMO, but its worth the fights.

Yeah it's a cookie cutter MMO grindfest same as every other Asian MMO....with amazing combat lol
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, PNY GTX 780TI SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD updating to i7 shortly
#14Majoras_pantsPosted 4/27/2014 9:14:59 PM
josh_b posted...
jake-sf posted...
josh_b posted...
I would Recommend Tera Online simply because of the giant world bosses... I forget what they are called. Also the combat in Tera Online is the best in any MMO to date.

Tera is about the only medieval "action" RPG in the last decade that does good combat for PC. (that isn't just a click-movement diablo style game)

But Tera's dungeons & big monsters are definitely fun to deal with when you got a group.

Thats actually the only reason to play the game since its otherwise a poor MMO, but its worth the fights.

Yeah it's a cookie cutter MMO grindfest same as every other Asian MMO....with amazing combat lol

So it's exactly like every other monster hunter but with a shared world?
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#15Kad-ManPosted 4/27/2014 9:20:52 PM
Just look for the MHP 3rd HD Ver english patch and play that
#16CilymPosted 4/27/2014 10:09:26 PM
Majoras_pants posted...
josh_b posted...
jake-sf posted...
josh_b posted...

Calling MH cookie-cutter shows you don't really know what you're talking about.
---
i called myself uberhipster before, try harder. - Ningishzida
You a straight up buster TC (Super_Thug44).- KidInTheHall
#17josh_bPosted 4/27/2014 10:18:19 PM
Cilym posted...
Majoras_pants posted...
josh_b posted...
jake-sf posted...
josh_b posted...

Calling MH cookie-cutter shows you don't really know what you're talking about.

Ah.... and obviously you don't know how to read since we were talking about Tera Online.
---
#18CilymPosted 4/27/2014 10:20:03 PM
lol josh_b read Majoras post

"So it's exactly like ever other monster hunter but with a shared world?"
---
#19CilymPosted 4/27/2014 10:23:44 PM
Here, let me spell it out for you. You post:

"Yeah it's a cookie cutter MMO grindfest same as every other Asian MMO....with amazing combat lol"

Then Majora posts:

"So it's exactly like every other monster hunter but with a shared world?"

Implying that Monster Hunter is a "cookie-cutter grindfest".

But go ahead with your personal attacks.
---
#20josh_bPosted 4/27/2014 10:27:08 PM
Cilym posted...
Here, let me spell it out for you. You post:

"Yeah it's a cookie cutter MMO grindfest same as every other Asian MMO....with amazing combat lol"

Then Majora posts:

"So it's exactly like every other monster hunter but with a shared world?"

Implying that Monster Hunter is a "cookie-cutter grindfest".

But go ahead with your personal attacks.

Eh well obviously I need to learn how to read lol
---