This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

bent processor question???

#21A_Soggy_RatPosted 4/28/2014 2:47:58 AM
someflamablekid posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
You dont hold the CPU like that...

Made me cringe as well. Good god man hold it from the sides.

Looking at it though, does it even matter anymore?
---
Proud to be a farm animal until someone tells me otherwise.
#22josh_bPosted 4/28/2014 2:59:46 AM
A_Soggy_Rat posted...
someflamablekid posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
You dont hold the CPU like that...

Made me cringe as well. Good god man hold it from the sides.

Looking at it though, does it even matter anymore?

yeah i imagine at this point he could have showed us a picture of it floating in a glass of water for all it matters.

If you have a spare old Mobo that this Cpu will work on i would try it. Ive seen Cpu's in horrible shape before and amazingly they still worked....usually not for long though lol.
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, PNY GTX 780TI SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD updating to i7 shortly
Xbox live: tanis8585
#23sithgod513Posted 4/28/2014 3:18:49 AM
eww yeah that thing is gone : (, you have to be really careful with stuff like this, I remember when I did my first build I was so damn scared because of how hard I had to push the tension lever thing down to lock my cpu in, I pushed on it like oh hell no that cant be right and stopped to look up info on that, spent like 30 mins reading stuff just to make sure I had everything in order and then just went for it, really though I dont even know how you would end up bending it in that spot.
---
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.
#24EpicKingdom_Posted 4/28/2014 9:35:49 AM
My first time putting a complete build together went smooth. (= I watched so many put together videos and actually read instructions (ewww) but overall. Success!!
---
http://i.imgur.com/bY3txRa.png