This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wireless HDMI?

#1MyExtraAccountPosted 4/27/2014 4:52:53 PM
Hey guys,

At the moment, is there anything that can replicate this (http://airtame.com/). Basically, you can use it to replicate/extend your computer screen. The idea is neat, but it'll be out Q4, which is a few months away. I'm really looking for something that can extend the screen of my laptop, not just something that can replicate it. Also, something inexpensive (<~100$).

It's also an interesting piece of technology that I thought would have been more common.

Thanks guys
---
The official Tsun of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim!
#2MaxCHEATER64Posted 4/27/2014 4:54:43 PM
I'm assuming that simply physically plugging in a monitor is out of the picture?
---
http://i.imgur.com/zkNfWZ0.png
"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003
#3cuteboi100Posted 4/27/2014 4:56:15 PM
No real experience with wireless HDMI but there seem to be many solutions on the market, just google "wireless HDMI". Some are even less than $100.
---
Attack Jet - Division 1 (World) | Fighter Jet - Division 1 (World)
Fighter Jet - Division 1 (Toronto), Rank #5
#4MyExtraAccount(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2014 4:56:31 PM
Oh yes, Sorry about that. I know I can do that, but I feel inconvenienced having a long hdmi cord running from my Tv to my laptop. It's not a huge problem, but would be preferable if I could have something wireless.
---
#5SteamsterPosted 4/27/2014 5:24:25 PM
MyExtraAccount posted...
Oh yes, Sorry about that. I know I can do that, but I feel inconvenienced having a long hdmi cord running from my Tv to my laptop. It's not a huge problem, but would be preferable if I could have something wireless.

Have you considered a wireless keyboard/mouse and leaving the laptop wired by the TV?
#6MyExtraAccount(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2014 5:26:49 PM
Steamster posted...
MyExtraAccount posted...

Have you considered a wireless keyboard/mouse and leaving the laptop wired by the TV?

Well I wanted to use the Tv to extend my desktop. Having wireless mouse and KB would work, but then I'd have to stare at my 17" laptop screen from afar lol
---
#7drinkPosted 4/27/2014 6:13:24 PM(edited)
MyExtraAccount posted...
Steamster posted...
MyExtraAccount posted...

Well I wanted to use the Tv to extend my desktop. Having wireless mouse and KB would work, but then I'd have to stare at my 17" laptop screen from afar lol

He means connecting the laptop using a normal HDMI cable near the TV and using a wireless K&B

Also wireless HDMI have lag and will not be good for gaming
---
You didn't try google, you made that up...
Twist those dirty bags - Shake
#8MaxCHEATER64Posted 4/27/2014 6:12:32 PM
drink posted...
MyExtraAccount posted...
Steamster posted...
MyExtraAccount posted...

He means connecting the laptop using a normal HDMI cable near the TV and using a wireless K&B

He knows what he meant. TC is saying that he wants to use both screens at the same time.
---
http://i.imgur.com/zkNfWZ0.png
"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003
#9LordSeiferPosted 4/27/2014 6:13:19 PM
Well he wanted to use the Tv to extend his desktop. using an hdmi and having wireless mouse and KB would work, but then he'd have to stare at his 17" laptop screen from afar lol
---
^ this
#10drinkPosted 4/27/2014 6:16:34 PM
I c, didnt read that part.

The only ones I've used were $150+ and require the sender to be plug in. They are pretty common.

A quick google will provide tons of options
---
You didn't try google, you made that up...
Twist those dirty bags - Shake