This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My computer shuts off during some games...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. My computer shuts off during some games...
1 year ago#1
Help please

It's only some games. Games like hearthstone work fine. Other games like southpark and dark souls 2 will just randomly shut off my whole comp
1 year ago#2
Overheating? Check your temps.
---
PSN-trang85
https://i.minus.com/iBCjGw2RBDcqQ.gif http://puu.sh/589Ol.jpg
1 year ago#3
Totally sounds like overheating or the HDD has bad sectors and its causing it to crash during those games.
1 year ago#4
How do i check my temps?

and if it is overheating, do I just need a new fan? My fan seems to be running fine during games
1 year ago#5
NoJobBob posted...
How do i check my temps?

and if it is overheating, do I just need a new fan? My fan seems to be running fine during games

doesnt matter if its running if there is a bad connection to the heatsink it will overheat regardless
1 year ago#6
it says 75C for my fan while the game is runnning
1 year ago#7
You should definitely start by cleaning out the compy. Get the dust out of your fans and heatsinks and all that.
---
MY NAME IS RONALD MCDONALD I HAVE SAUSAGE I HAVE EGGS MY NAME IS RONALD MCDONALD I HAVE SAUSAGE I HAVE EGGS MY NAME IS RONALD MCDONALD I HAVE SAUSAGE I HAVE EGG
1 year ago#8
It could be that your PSU isn't up to the task. What's your PSU, TC, and how old is it?
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.
1 year ago#9
up to 84 now. is that considered too hot?
1 year ago#10
Is it the CPU or the GPU running 84C? If its the CPU, then that is way too hot. Depending on your GPU, 84C is fine if you're running a very graphically intensive game.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. My computer shuts off during some games...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived