This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kingdoms of Amalur.

#1SaltyBotzPosted 4/27/2014 10:42:34 PM
I just got this game a few weeks ago, and I dunno why it got knocked with such scathing reviews. I've beaten the game and all DLC content and most of the quests, and at no point in time did I run into a single game breaking glitch. Its got 1000x less glitches than Oblivion or Skyrim, or any of the Fallout games.

I think the game is more fun than Skyrim, but the graphics leave much to be desired, and there aren't really any mods for it. Its a shame a took kit was never released for the game.
#2Mudkip57Posted 4/27/2014 10:57:02 PM(edited)
The game wasn't panned for being buggy, it was repetitive. There's too many sidequest, which normally wouldn't be a bad thing but majority of them aren't that interesting. There's some great ones like the House of Winter's side quests, but they're too far in between. Not to mention that you can max out your character relatively early on, which trivializes the combat.

I liked it. Still worth playing
#3BeknessPosted 4/27/2014 10:58:56 PM
How much was the budget for that game again? It was crazy.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/ R<3B xx
#4shamfuruPosted 4/27/2014 11:07:06 PM(edited)
Bekness posted...
How much was the budget for that game again? It was crazy.

A hundred million or so.

The money was paid by a former baseball star and the state of Rhode Island. Neither of which made their money back.
---
Life is normally too short to purposely seek out things you hate, but apparently that rule doesn't apply on the Xbox One board.
#5Orestes417Posted 4/27/2014 11:07:52 PM
It wasn't the budget for KoA that was crazy, it was the total amount of debt incurred developing the IP including the MMO they were developing together with KoA.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#6SaltyBotz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2014 11:17:21 PM
Mudkip57 posted...
The game wasn't panned for being buggy, it was repetitive. There's too many sidequest, which normally wouldn't be a bad thing but majority of them aren't that interesting. There's some great ones like the House of Winter's side quests, but they're too far in between. Not to mention that you can max out your character relatively early on, which trivializes the combat.

I liked it. Still worth playing

There are tons of pointless sidequests in Skyrim as well.

If I was to have one MAJOR criticism of the game, was the itemization was really bad. For example, every single piece of set armor is trash. Meaning there is not a single set for any character at any level that would be superior to something I could make via blacksmithing.
#7Neo_PortaPottyPosted 4/27/2014 11:48:21 PM
SaltyBotz posted...
I just got this game a few weeks ago, and I dunno why it got knocked with such scathing reviews. I've beaten the game and all DLC content and most of the quests, and at no point in time did I run into a single game breaking glitch. Its got 1000x less glitches than Oblivion or Skyrim, or any of the Fallout games.

I think the game is more fun than Skyrim, but the graphics leave much to be desired, and there aren't really any mods for it. Its a shame a took kit was never released for the game.

Personally I got it back at launch and loved it sure some of the sidequests get repetitive but it's not like you need to do them so no issue there my problem was even on its hardest difficulty it was still insanely easy. Had they made it a bit more challenging I suspect it would have done much better it had some really fun ideas in it.
---
If its elitist to want decent performance, accountability, and class knowledge from the people you play with... SIGN ME UP!
#8myztikricePosted 4/28/2014 12:07:39 AM
You could do any number of things on the way to pointless sidequests in Skyrim, they were just pointless in KoA
---
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so f***in' hysterical.
#9BilliePilgrimPosted 4/28/2014 1:38:19 AM
In all the critiques I read of the game before I played it, I never heard anything about it being buggy. When I played it, it was just kind of boring. The combat system was meh, the quests were meh, everything was meh. It wasn't a bad game by any stretch, it just failed to wow me in any way.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg
#10josh_bPosted 4/28/2014 1:51:52 AM
I was personally very interested in the game simply because R.A.Salvatore was writing the story which he is one of the most well known fantasy writers ever and has written some of the books that i will cherish forever....

That being said. The gameplay was repetitive and if there was a good story in the game i wouldn't have a clue because the game was too boring for me to spend more than 4 hours playing it.
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, PNY GTX 780TI SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD updating to i7 shortly
Xbox live: tanis8585