This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any good online RTS games?

#1sithgod513Posted 4/27/2014 11:52:45 PM
I used to play and love command and conquer games years ago and I havent played an RTS in forever, I really would love getting into a good one where I can battle against people online, im not really interested in single player RTS games just the ones with online that have their servers still up and running, and a decent size community so does anyone know of any? is starcraft the only one these days?
---
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.
#2Cool_Dude667Posted 4/28/2014 12:20:50 AM
Company of Heroes both the first and second game have active communities, but the game doesn't have near the same macro managing that starcraft or even command and conquer has, its more focused on micro and tactics
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#3josh_bPosted 4/28/2014 12:22:36 AM
The Company of Hero's games are still active. i find the player base to be dicks though. They always get mad if you don't play a certain way most of the time.

I believe some of the Command and Conquer games are still active. I remember playing C&C Generals and Red Alert 3 not too long ago when i bought the complete collection for Origin.

I also have played Supreme Commander a few months ago as well and it was still fairly active. Also the Dawn of War games.
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, PNY GTX 780TI SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD updating to i7 shortly
Xbox live: tanis8585
#4sithgod513(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 12:25:40 AM
do you know if command and conquer's are still online or not? I also wonder if anyone still plays LOTR battle for middle earth 2, I know they shut the servers down a grip ago but I remember while back seeing people on gameranger playing online still. Id buy either of those, I might just have to stick with starcraft ive never played it so it seems a little overwhelming but I guess I need to jump in the deep end if I want to learn to swim.
---
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.
#5sithgod513(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 12:27:01 AM
josh_b posted...
The Company of Hero's games are still active. i find the player base to be dicks though. They always get mad if you don't play a certain way most of the time.

I believe some of the Command and Conquer games are still active. I remember playing C&C Generals and Red Alert 3 not too long ago when i bought the complete collection for Origin.

I also have played Supreme Commander a few months ago as well and it was still fairly active. Also the Dawn of War games.

yeah I seen on gamestop.com that the C&C pack with all of them was only 20$ but id hate to but it and not even be able to play any of it online lol, id love to play generals online or C&C tiberium wars or kanes wrath.
---
#6josh_bPosted 4/28/2014 12:32:08 AM(edited)
sithgod513 posted...
josh_b posted...

yeah I seen on gamestop.com that the C&C pack with all of them was only 20$ but id hate to but it and not even be able to play any of it online lol, id love to play generals online or C&C tiberium wars or kanes wrath.

well i believe they are still active. at least every game from Generals and above. I can check as soon as i get home in the morning. I cant remember if all of them run on the Gamespy servers and those are reported to be shutting down. i don't know if EA is going to push these games over to another server farm or not.
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, PNY GTX 780TI SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD updating to i7 shortly
Xbox live: tanis8585
#7Cool_Dude667Posted 4/28/2014 12:33:21 AM
Well you should check out SC2's arcade, you don't have to start laddering immedietely, infact I tend to play custom games in the arcade from the WC3 classics like Island Defense to full fledged MMORPG style third person lootfests from puzzle games similar to Bejeweled

You may want to check out Natural Selection 2, which is a hybrid FPS/RTS, each team has a commander that plays from a top-down perspective, the marine commander plays completely different from the Aliens commander, you manage your teams resources, tech, and control NPC units while supporting all the real players battling it out on the battlefield. really fun game

If you want a 4x inspirited RTS with gigantic space battles and galaxies then check out the Sins of a Solar Empire series
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#8sithgod513(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 2:11:07 AM
Yeah ill buy the C&C package deal for sure if everything from generals and up still has servers up and running, would it matter if I bought it from gamestop or from origin or would that not change anything?
---