This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls 2 is butter smooth wow.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dark Souls 2 is butter smooth wow.
2 years ago#1
so i got dark souls 2 and from software made a valiant effort to heavily optimize on consoles and even then it didnt run that well on them.

but on pc even a modest graphics card can easily max out the visuals. this allows rock solid 60fps, and this in combination of object based motion blur, camera blur and a low overhead custom post process analytical aa solution.

the end result is a game that just ends up looking just weirdly and extremely fluid and smooth its a weird experience like watching a high framerate 48fps movie.
whens mahvel?
2 years ago#2
what did you expect from a last-gen console port?

its like being impressed over a gameboy cartridge playing on your gameboy advance
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
(message deleted)
2 years ago#4
Maybe cuz the game looks terrible even when maxed out
2 years ago#5
Welcome to PC gaming.
4770K | MSI GTX 780 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB HDD | ASRock Z87E-ITX | Corsair 650W | Corsair Obsidian 250D m-ITX
PC + 3DS Master Race
2 years ago#6
specter1717 posted...
Maybe cuz the game looks terrible even when maxed out

You look terribler.
2 years ago#7
Cool_Dude667 posted...

its like being impressed over a gameboy cartridge playing on your gameboy advance

TBH, GBA running GameBoy was far more impressive than a last gen console port running smooth.
I'd say it's more like being impressed that Wii can run GameCube.
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
2 years ago#8
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Cool_Dude667 posted...

TBH, GBA running GameBoy was far more impressive than a last gen console port running smooth.
I'd say it's more like being impressed that Wii can run GameCube.

I wouldn't consider either of those impressive to be honest. If I remember correctly, GBA could run GB/GBC and Wii could run GC because they both contained the actual "last-gen" hardware inside their chassis.
i7 920, MSI X58 Platinum, 12GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950, 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
Username was created back when FPS games were cool...
2 years ago#9
Good because Dark Souls 1 runs like absolute crap on my PC (and I have a really good PC that runs games infinitely better than this), it even needs a fanmade mod to be played on 1080 and have hundreds of problems, and of course looks really lackluster like a very early PS3 / Xbox 360 game from 2005/2006.

The game is not even playable with KB/ Mouse and you need a Xbox 360 pad (not that I care because I play everything with my controller on PC, but we deserve both options)

There is no excuse, a full team of developers couldnīt even make the resolution of the game to go @ 1080 but a random fan of the game did it in less than 24 hours after release, itīs ridiculous.

Of course I didnīt bought DSII just for this so they learn the lesson and optimize their crap next time, glad they did but the damage is already done, now I will wait for a steam sale.
"There is no knowledge that is not power"
2 years ago#10
dissapointed in the type of responses. most pc games still have pretty poor framerate stability due to a variety of bottlenecks cause api, overhead, etc.

also there is something to be said when you have a game thats solid 60fps with nice object based motion blur on just a modest rig.

and this is easily the best post process anti aliasing i've seen in a retail game. typically i see really poor implementation of fxaa with poor resolve and detail artifacting especially on foilage or they do a two step approach by leveraging MSAA but that defeats the entire purpose of using post process AA since you're taking the performance hit.
whens mahvel?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dark Souls 2 is butter smooth wow.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived