This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls 2 is butter smooth wow.

#1popping4itPosted 4/28/2014 1:42:29 AM
so i got dark souls 2 and from software made a valiant effort to heavily optimize on consoles and even then it didnt run that well on them.

but on pc even a modest graphics card can easily max out the visuals. this allows rock solid 60fps, and this in combination of object based motion blur, camera blur and a low overhead custom post process analytical aa solution.

the end result is a game that just ends up looking just weirdly and extremely fluid and smooth its a weird experience like watching a high framerate 48fps movie.
---
whens mahvel?
#2Cool_Dude667Posted 4/28/2014 1:44:50 AM
what did you expect from a last-gen console port?

its like being impressed over a gameboy cartridge playing on your gameboy advance
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#3EpicKingdom_Posted 4/28/2014 1:45:22 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4specter1717Posted 4/28/2014 1:49:07 AM
Maybe cuz the game looks terrible even when maxed out
#5NathanisDrakePosted 4/28/2014 2:18:28 AM
Welcome to PC gaming.
---
4770K | MSI GTX 780 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB HDD | ASRock Z87E-ITX | Corsair 650W | Corsair Obsidian 250D m-ITX
PC + 3DS Master Race
#6jedinatPosted 4/28/2014 2:21:19 AM
specter1717 posted...
Maybe cuz the game looks terrible even when maxed out

You look terribler.
#7DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/28/2014 3:39:34 AM
Cool_Dude667 posted...

its like being impressed over a gameboy cartridge playing on your gameboy advance

TBH, GBA running GameBoy was far more impressive than a last gen console port running smooth.
I'd say it's more like being impressed that Wii can run GameCube.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#8kingoffpsPosted 4/28/2014 3:49:12 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Cool_Dude667 posted...

TBH, GBA running GameBoy was far more impressive than a last gen console port running smooth.
I'd say it's more like being impressed that Wii can run GameCube.

I wouldn't consider either of those impressive to be honest. If I remember correctly, GBA could run GB/GBC and Wii could run GC because they both contained the actual "last-gen" hardware inside their chassis.
---
i7 920, MSI X58 Platinum, 12GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950, 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
Username was created back when FPS games were cool...
#9Cosmic_CoyotePosted 4/28/2014 9:08:00 AM
Good because Dark Souls 1 runs like absolute crap on my PC (and I have a really good PC that runs games infinitely better than this), it even needs a fanmade mod to be played on 1080 and have hundreds of problems, and of course looks really lackluster like a very early PS3 / Xbox 360 game from 2005/2006.

The game is not even playable with KB/ Mouse and you need a Xbox 360 pad (not that I care because I play everything with my controller on PC, but we deserve both options)

There is no excuse, a full team of developers couldnīt even make the resolution of the game to go @ 1080 but a random fan of the game did it in less than 24 hours after release, itīs ridiculous.

Of course I didnīt bought DSII just for this so they learn the lesson and optimize their crap next time, glad they did but the damage is already done, now I will wait for a steam sale.
---
"There is no knowledge that is not power"
#10popping4it(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 10:55:45 AM
dissapointed in the type of responses. most pc games still have pretty poor framerate stability due to a variety of bottlenecks cause api, overhead, etc.

also there is something to be said when you have a game thats solid 60fps with nice object based motion blur on just a modest rig.

and this is easily the best post process anti aliasing i've seen in a retail game. typically i see really poor implementation of fxaa with poor resolve and detail artifacting especially on foilage or they do a two step approach by leveraging MSAA but that defeats the entire purpose of using post process AA since you're taking the performance hit.
---
whens mahvel?