This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark souls 2 not sure if I should get it?

#1bigbadharryPosted 4/28/2014 1:01:34 AM
Didn't finish the first (probably got a about 8 hours out of it before I said that's enough), probably never going too, I hate getting lost or metrovania in a game is there a lot of that in here?

What is the dlc?

I really like the atmosphere and enemies.

So?
#2shamfuruPosted 4/28/2014 1:08:05 AM(edited)
No.

Just get Demon's Souls or replay Dark Souls.

This game is a buggy mess made by a team not responsible for the original.

Dark Souls 2 is like the new Slayer songs.
---
Life is normally too short to purposely seek out things you hate, but apparently that rule doesn't apply on the Xbox One board.
#3jedinatPosted 4/28/2014 1:26:15 AM(edited)
shamfuru posted...
No.

This one is full of bitter folly. Ignore it.

I'm having a lot of fun with Dark Souls 2. I think it's a little better on newcomers than the first (not easier--but there's a tutorial area for example), and traversal is a bit more manageable now with the bonfires all being warp points.
#4bigbadharry(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 1:28:24 AM
Are there savepoints like every hour, I remember not finding a savepoint for about an hour and half in DS1 and then I died, that hurt. Hopefully it's a little better now?

I think people who try and maxout the game but don't have the hardware are getting the glitches AFAIK? I don't need the highest res. I never did.
#5jedinatPosted 4/28/2014 1:35:42 AM(edited)
There aren't really save points... the game automatically saves whenever you exit. The bonfires are just where you spawn if you die. There are items that will return you to a bonfire, etc... but really the whole hook of the game is the danger of losing progress. i.e. dying and enemies respawning/risk losing souls. But yeah, the bonfires are pretty well placed. I haven't had any really huge gaps between them so far.

I've haven't seen any glitches or bugs.
#6shamfuruPosted 4/28/2014 5:13:47 AM
jedinat posted...
shamfuru posted...
No.

I'm having a lot of fun with Dark Souls 2. I think it's a little better on newcomers than the first (not easier--but there's a tutorial area for example), and traversal is a bit more manageable now with the bonfires all being warp points.

Ignore "it?"

I'm not a person now? Lol

Seriously though, the game has been balanced entirely around co-op and pvp. Unfortunately due to the soul level stuff you are limited with who you play with.

Take that as is.
---
Life is normally too short to purposely seek out things you hate, but apparently that rule doesn't apply on the Xbox One board.
#7Majoras_pantsPosted 4/28/2014 5:44:01 AM
It's better than Demons Souls but worse than Dark Souls. Or at least that's my impression so far.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#8GynthaeresPosted 4/28/2014 7:35:32 AM
No.

Dark Souls 2 is an iterative sequel to DS1. It's basically an expansion. So if you couldn't handle DS1, you'll have the same results with DS2.

I would suggest going back and beating the original. If you want more after that, then perhaps buy DS2. It might even be on sale at that point.
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.
#9dekouPosted 4/28/2014 7:44:59 AM
No, just play more Dark Souls if you want that kind of gameplay. DS2 is a bit different from DS1, but the difference isn't big enough to open it for another audience.
---
Intel Pentium II OC @ 450 MHz | 128 Mb RAM | Falcon Northwest Special Edition Maxi Gamer Xentor 32 SE | 2x 4 Gb Seagate HDD
#10SteamsterPosted 4/28/2014 7:50:34 AM
shamfuru posted...
jedinat posted...
shamfuru posted...
No.

Ignore "it?"

I'm not a person now? Lol

Seriously though, the game has been balanced entirely around co-op and pvp. Unfortunately due to the soul level stuff you are limited with who you play with.

Take that as is.

It as in your dumb post

And yes, he should ignore it because it's dumb