This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anybody buying into the ArchAge Alpha?

#1josh_bPosted 4/28/2014 2:26:37 AM(edited)
After watching twitch feeds for the last 48 hours straight... im at work all weekend. The game looks amazing. i just don't know if i want to spend $150 on Alpha Access.

*ArcheAge
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, PNY GTX 780TI SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD updating to i7 shortly
Xbox live: tanis8585
#2myztikricePosted 4/28/2014 2:38:02 AM
What looked amazing about it?
---
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so f***in' hysterical.
#3A_Soggy_RatPosted 4/28/2014 2:38:53 AM
I've played a lot of MMOs, and it doesn't really look anything special to me, so no.
---
Proud to be a farm animal until someone tells me otherwise.
#4josh_b(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 2:50:13 AM
myztikrice posted...
What looked amazing about it?

Non instanced player housing, Navel battles, Farming, player driven economy, and the fact that the game contains it's own judicial system with prison sentencing which i imagine should help with griefing. Just been awhile since a MMO with the broad of scope has been released. last MMO i remember having anything remotely like this was Star Wars Galaxies. Which i played from release until the servers were shut down.
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, PNY GTX 780TI SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD updating to i7 shortly
#5JhayCeePosted 4/28/2014 3:21:25 AM
That actually looks interesting. While it didn't excite me as much as Wildstar did, I'll still be keeping my eye on ArcheAge.

Although the player-driven economy and having it's own judicial system sounds good on paper, I have this inkling that it will only be ruined by the players themselves. Oh well, I'll be checking up on the website here and there.
---
Religious people often judge me for being an atheist just because I don't believe in their god. I have a god that I believe in; his name is Gaben.
#6josh_b(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 4:02:49 AM
JhayCee posted...
That actually looks interesting. While it didn't excite me as much as Wildstar did, I'll still be keeping my eye on ArcheAge.

Although the player-driven economy and having it's own judicial system sounds good on paper, I have this inkling that it will only be ruined by the players themselves. Oh well, I'll be checking up on the website here and there.

Yeah the judicial system is only going to work correctly if they have the right checks and balances in place to make sure it's not abused. As i understand it, after 50 offences to members in your alliance you can be turned in and you will be transported to be judged. You can try to bribe your way out of it or you can be found guilty. You can escape prison by either digging out or find a key but even if you do escape prison you are on a countdown timer that only works while your in game and your unable to use your core abilities during this time.

The crafting is one of the main selling points for me. being able to level up without ever having to do standardized questing and pvp simply by gathering and building in game items for yourself or for sell to other members. whether it be a furnishing for player house, carriages , Ships, Clothing, Armor, etc.

The game has been out for awhile overseas and apparently they are loving it.... but then again they are used to a different standard of MMO's, typically grind fest with very little reward for long periods of time. I haven't seen enough of the game to say if this is the same at this time.
---
#7Silent Sniper IVPosted 4/28/2014 4:03:37 AM
Nope. It has too many issues that stopped me from enjoying it. There's a TON of pay2win in the regard that the most valuable and critical resources (both time and money) are purchasable in game.

It functions like a facebook or mobile game in that you generate X resources a day, and use those to build the critical progression stuff. This effectively puts a cap on how much you can really do in a day unless you shell out for p2w. It also encouraged making dozens of alts and just laundering in various ways, so the whole thing kind of ended up being a mess.

If you want a SWG-alike, H1Z1 is your next potential hope.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#8josh_b(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 4:07:31 AM
Silent Sniper IV posted...
Nope. It has too many issues that stopped me from enjoying it. There's a TON of pay2win in the regard that the most valuable and critical resources (both time and money) are purchasable in game.

It functions like a facebook or mobile game in that you generate X resources a day, and use those to build the critical progression stuff. This effectively puts a cap on how much you can really do in a day unless you shell out for p2w. It also encouraged making dozens of alts and just laundering in various ways, so the whole thing kind of ended up being a mess.

If you want a SWG-alike, H1Z1 is your next potential hope.

im excited for that as well but for different reasons. Just a cross between DayZ and Rust... which i played probably 500 hours of Rust.
---
#9brygoPosted 4/28/2014 4:53:09 AM
Why don't you guys try the Russian version of the game? I played it like 2-3 months ago with English patches.

Don't know if they still allow connecting from other countries though. I only played it for a few days.