This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC Gaming = FINISHED.

#21matu90rkPosted 4/28/2014 9:27:57 PM
Kaliesto posted...
The only thing bad about PC today is most games you have to buy/play online digitally nowadays. There's barely even physical products available. There are older folks out there that prefer that than digital for the sake of various reasons.

My god has piracy ruined a good thing for everyone.

I actually enjoy the switch over to digital media. Makes prices more accessible to everybody around the globe when you're not paying 100% extra because of stupid import taxes, and I also hate boxes and stuff made out of solid matter in general.
#22SinfullyvannilaPosted 4/28/2014 9:30:52 PM
matu90rk posted...
Kaliesto posted...
The only thing bad about PC today is most games you have to buy/play online digitally nowadays. There's barely even physical products available. There are older folks out there that prefer that than digital for the sake of various reasons.

My god has piracy ruined a good thing for everyone.

I actually enjoy the switch over to digital media. Makes prices more accessible to everybody around the globe when you're not paying 100% extra because of stupid import taxes, and I also hate boxes and stuff made out of solid matter in general.

Yeah, and honestly, buying PC games retail sucked since the late 90's, and there wasn't much in the way of marketing to increase product awareness either.

There are so many games I would have loved to play back in the day if I only knew they existed lol.
---
Friend Code 3050-7626-8586 Abra/Sigilyph/Gothorita FS, PM me for FS trades.
#23xanthan1Posted 4/28/2014 9:31:41 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
Found it odd that they said:

"Consoles are now seen as a prestige item, where as PCs, which can also play games, are increasing becoming a device that people need, and are cheaper to build, especially gaming rigs."

I mean gaming rigs are usually more expensive than an average PC. Also most PC gamers I know have rigs that are more expensive than consoles. Not less.

Eh well.

Yeah but once you get a computer for say work or something you might find it easier to just sink some cash into making it better to play games instead of buying a new machine just for that. I know that's why my Uncle has a decent computer, decent meaning it plays most things releasing now on medium in this case, instead of just buying a PS4 or something.
#24SinfullyvannilaPosted 4/28/2014 9:35:42 PM
Ever since WoW, it seems publisher have become increasingly aware that prohibitively high minimum system requirements limited sales.
---
Friend Code 3050-7626-8586 Abra/Sigilyph/Gothorita FS, PM me for FS trades.
#25wizardmonPosted 4/28/2014 10:31:57 PM(edited)
So... Why is this article only happening now?

A few weeks after GTAV's release AMD (who Cited a difference source actually) released a slide in the middle of a livestreamed press presentation showing that the PC games software revenue was larger than the consoles for the last few years in a row. Did every one forget about that or are people only caring because new consoles came out?
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#26BeerOnTapPosted 4/28/2014 10:33:17 PM
therickmu25 posted...
Aiphrem posted...
What a surprise, the best online multiplayer game ever made is on the PC. Of course consoles don't stand a chance.

I have to say that since 2012 I've put 600hours into Dota2...it is the most rewarding Mp game I've ever played

Someone gifted it to me.
My God was it the most boring piece of crap game ever. Overhead view, clicky clicky mouse, magic spell casting . This is the one thing I hate about PC gaming. So many PC gamers into this genre. just not for me . I'll stick to games like DayZ, Crysis, and even Octodad
#27wizardmonPosted 4/28/2014 10:33:46 PM
Found my source.
http://puu.sh/8rU7A.jpg The years 2014&2015 are estimations in this image.

PC gaming software revenue outpaced console game software revenue in 2012, 2013, and currently outpacing it now in 2014.

http://youtu.be/Xo1jJJGhneg?t=2h15m30s
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#28_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 4/29/2014 4:46:25 AM(edited)
People have been talking about PC gaming dying since the 90's. But it seems that it is now going stronger than ever.

-General sales. The best selling PC games ever are not the old classics like Baldur's Gate, Quake, Unreal tournament, Doom or even Diablo 2. Newer titles like the WoW expansions, Minecraft, Diablo III, Portal 2, Counter Strike: Global offensive and Battlefield 4 blow their sales numbers out of the water. I am talking they completely annihilate them in terms of gross revenue.

-While multiplatform is a double edged sword, it does make people think of PC as a legitimate mainstream alternative to the console gaming platforms.

-More accessible due to digital download services

-More people own PCs capable of playing games, even if they are not bought or built for that purpose. We now live in a world where the average multi-media PC can play a large portion of the games available on PC.

-Social media seems to facilitate the use of some types of games

-PC specific genres that became a huge hit and attracts millions of players (MOBA, indie titles like Minecraft, even MMO's fall into this category)

---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie EC1 Evo White | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | AKG k550 | Samsung S24A350H
#29Chaos_MissilePosted 4/29/2014 6:37:47 AM
qeoijlijw posted...
it is finished
only scraps and indies.
big games dont even get ported to pc anymore
no gta v, metal gear, etc.

Fail moar?:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/960727-metal-gear-rising-revengeance
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#30SpazH3dPosted 4/29/2014 6:41:57 AM
Creativity and intelligence on gamefaqs = FINISHED.
---
- My vision is augmented