This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Using hdtv as monitor

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Using hdtv as monitor

User Info: mstetler1

mstetler1
2 years ago#1
Ok , any helpful tips for using a 1080p hdtv , 55", as a monitor. I sit about 14 ft away and when gaming at 1080 I can't really read any text in games. Using a lower resolution works, of course, but the extent I have to decrease the resolution in order to read without strain is simply unacceptable. And just to take care of this ahead of time: yes, I am getting older, yes I have nearly correct vision.

If any developers read this, please include a big screen TV mode with larger text at higher resolutions so I can enjoy the awesome graphics and still play without having to get up from the couch.

User Info: Master_Bass

Master_Bass
2 years ago#2
Try upping the DPI.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/windows-and-office/get-a-better-view-in-windows-7-by-adjusting-dpi-scaling/

Edit: That's what I get for not reading your post that thoroughly. Unfortunately, I don't think that will help you in games.
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Using hdtv as monitor

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived