This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The most unexpected PC game with players actually roleplaying...

#1iPr0kkaFTWPosted 4/28/2014 6:39:39 PM
Freaking ArmA 2...

Today I decided to join one of these so-called popular "Life" servers. I've seen several YouTube personalities such as JackFrags, DevilDogGamer and FRANKIEonPCin1080p playing on these servers. I've decided to try it out and seriously what the f*** did I just experienced?

I just literally attended a Catholic Mass on a freaking video game. I saw on the chat messages that there was going to be Mass at the server's in-game church. For the hell of it I drove there and hilarity ensues... There were players roleplaying as priests. Dressed up as priests and even their names were like Father. One of them was playing one of those Catholic hymns over their mic.

I was laughing my ass off. I couldn't believe this type of roleplaying. There were a dozen of us or so along with cops in the church. The priests were praying, typing stuff from the Bible, accepting donations, listening to confessions and so on. It was utterly amazing roleplaying. They even provided bread and red wine.

The church was in some sort of lockdown though with many cops patrolling around because of terrorist attacks. One of the priests was assaulted and punched at the altar and the assailant was yelling out some Islamic remarks over the mic.

Now I'm hooked playing on this Life server. Anyone playing ArmA 2 and tried out these Life servers? What were your experiences?
#2chronotrig100Posted 4/28/2014 6:41:36 PM
Not gonna lie, this sounds hilariously amazing.
---
The fastest pinball in space.
#3MonkeymagePosted 4/28/2014 6:45:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXOOsTCAPp8
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#4thatfool12GsPosted 4/28/2014 6:53:41 PM
ArmA players are a dedicated group. Whether life or CoOp servers, people will be playing seriously, and will roleplay in random pick up games.
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
#5clowningPosted 4/28/2014 6:58:16 PM
That's...interesting....

The most interesting RP sort of thing I ever saw was in LoTRO, in Bree. Four people there were playing in-game instruments, and the music was actually very good. It was the coolest thing I have ever seen in an MMO.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#6QuestofChosenPosted 4/28/2014 7:00:41 PM
Lmao that sounds amazing and really bizarre.
---
Currently Playing: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Dark Souls 2 and Resident Evil Remake.
#7JKatarnPosted 4/28/2014 7:03:41 PM
Monkeymage posted...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXOOsTCAPp8

Uggh...obvious jokes and grating voices....that's a Youtube video alright.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES