This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm in a military base with shared internet. How do I...

#91EpicKingdom_Posted 4/29/2014 4:52:26 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#92MarikhenPosted 4/29/2014 5:28:23 PM
Orestes417 posted...
Where people get hung up is it's not about what's deserved. It's about what can reasonably be expected to be a possible outcome given a pattern of behavior.

Quite right given that whether or not something is deserved is a morality call and morality is subjective.

EpicKingdom_ posted...
Why does this topic still exist.... and hey, that's what I said. People in the army are highschool failures. Expendable human shields to defend the country.

If you want the topic to disappear either report it for moderation or stop posting in it.
---
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?
#93Tyranius2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2014 7:09:30 PM
EpicKingdom_ posted...
Why does this topic still exist.... and hey, that's what I said. People in the army are highschool failures. Expendable human shields to defend the country.

I'm not a failure though. I left high school because I couldn't stand how it works. I'm sure as hell not gonna obey some teacher and have little to no freedom. If you want to waste 3 years of your life with that crap, fine, but don't get jealously mad at the people who were smart enough to drop out and finish in 3 months.
---
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Tyranius
#94Tyranius2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2014 7:38:39 PM
Also, you shouldn't badmouth the people who are protecting you. They're what's standing between you and russian rape.
---
#95MarikhenPosted 4/29/2014 8:16:00 PM
Tyranius2 posted...
I'm sure as hell not gonna obey some teacher and have little to no freedom. If you want to waste 3 years of your life with that crap, fine, but don't get jealously mad at the people who were smart enough to drop out and finish in 3 months.

All of that except for the dropping out part could easily be applied to military service. -_-

Tyranius2 posted...
Also, you shouldn't badmouth the people who are protecting you. They're what's standing between you and higher gas prices.

FTFY.
---
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?
#96BilliePilgrimPosted 4/29/2014 8:53:47 PM
Orestes417 posted...
Life's about choices and their consequences, why should the party with misfortune befalling them be given a pass on theirs regardless of what the other party does or doesn't do?

You go running your mouth antagonizing a guy in a bar and you end up getting your ass handed to you, yeah the guy who's doing the beating made a choice to physically assault you. That doesn't change your actions in the matter in the slightest. We need to start holding everyone accountable for their actions.

Ok, and if you hadn't been antagonizing anyone and they just walked up and punched you for no reason at all, would anyone have still blamed you? Simply drinking doesn't invite any negative consequence on its own. It's always drinking and driving, drinking and talking ****. So what is the "and" in this case? Please, I really want you to say "flirting" or something like that, as if talking to a guy while drunk is inviting rape.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg
#97Tyranius2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2014 9:01:30 PM
^Well, we're talking about a girl getting herself too drunk and passing out. That facilitates the act. A rape could have been avoided if she hadn't done that. Of course it's not her fault, I'm just saying that her actions started the chain of events.

All of that except for the dropping out part could easily be applied to military service. -_-

Like I said, I'm not in the military. And in the military you get paid anyways. With school you get nothing.
---
#98jokujokujokuPosted 4/29/2014 9:06:15 PM
BilliePilgrim posted...
jokujokujoku posted...
And saying that I should have used better judgement does not make me a mugging sympathizer, a mugging apologist, or a victim blamer.

But that's exactly what it makes you. You saying it doesn't doesn't actually change what you're doing.

You saying that's what it makes me, doesn't mean that's what it makes me.
#99Orestes417Posted 4/29/2014 9:08:59 PM
Maybe it could've been avoided, maybe it couldn't have. Hell maybe it was avoided and the would be victim never realizes it. Doesn't make a bit of difference. There has to be an awareness that putting yourself in a compromised position IS on you. If you make the CHOICE to get inebriated to the point your decision making is altered then you play a part in your own fate. What the other parties choose is on them, but you are accountable for your own actions.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#100DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/29/2014 9:15:50 PM
use your imagination
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross