This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many of you have abandoned consoles?

#11PhilOnDezPosted 4/29/2014 6:02:16 AM(edited)
I have a vita and plan on getting a 3DS at some point (Hoping we get the Persona Q special edition in the US). Xbone is pretty much out of the question as I really don't care about those exclusives anymore. The only one I'm remotely interested in is Dead Rising 3 but it looks like they went full gritty boringness on it (at least based on what I've seen. I could be way off base).

The PS4 is still a maybe at this point. I think Sony learned from their mistakes on the PS3 so the PS4 should drop in price a lot faster than the PS3 (nvidia never let them die shrink the PS3's gpu so their price on that part never really went down and the reliability of it barely went up). I love Insomniac and until they start releasing games on PC I'll just have to play them on Sony consoles, their last new IP was multiplatform though, but unfortunately it was published by EA and ended up sucking. Same deal with jrpgs though they seem to be hitting handhelds and even Android/iOS more often than not, plus PC support seems to be rising. I'll just have to wait and see.

As for abandoning consoles, I definitely have barely touched my consoles since I built my pc. I played a bit of mass effect 3 MP because I didn't want to have to work on my unlocks again since I pretty much already had everything but it just wasn't worth it. I use my PS3 for movies still but the fan on it has been really loud which sucks for a bluray player. Debating on whether or not to buy another or just get a cheap player.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#12Blade_KirbyPosted 4/29/2014 5:59:25 AM
I honestly don't ever see myself abandoning PC or Nintendo gaming. It's truly the best of both worlds.

I recently got a PS3 to catch up on awesome exclusives like Bayonetta, Tales, SotC, KH, etc. But yeah, generic Xbox/Sony titles I can forever live without.
---
"Ok when Terramorphous dies we're all gonna whip our ***** out and whoever has the biggest one gets all the loot." - Gnarrkill
#13Majoras_pantsPosted 4/29/2014 5:59:56 AM
It's rare that consoles get an exclusive I want to play, so I kind of stopped bothering with them.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#14imasexywoman(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2014 6:02:06 AM
Blade_Kirby posted...
I honestly don't ever see myself abandoning PC or Nintendo gaming. It's truly the best of both worlds.

The thing is I want to like Nintendo like I once did, but they're not innovative or solid anymore. The lack of innovation is totally fine, even preferable, if there is great level design, but a lot of times Nintendo games don't even have that. Lately, indie games are doing the same thing that once made me love Nintendo.
---
It is the end times for console gaming. All hail PC and 3DS.
#15SinisterSlayPosted 4/29/2014 6:03:54 AM
I still play my ps2 and snes
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#16drclaeysPosted 4/29/2014 6:11:06 AM
Friends,

I bought a used ps2 on in the internet, and I am playing all my old ps2 games. there just is nothing that I care about coming out.

I like rpgs. I am waiting for Dragon Age, fallout 4... Mass effect.

Until then, Not sure what to do. I might get a gaming pc. If its cheap enough.

Thank you.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan
I have been to Ukraine 3 times, My wife and daughter are from Ukraine. Republicans are SOMEHOW to blame.
#17SohogojoPosted 4/29/2014 6:14:01 AM
probably never will abandon consoles, but this generation is difficult to say I really want any of them, likely I will break down and get a Wii U (really like the look of X and I know I will want to play most of if not all the "mascot/flagship" games, maybe a PS4 depending on the exclusives and price versus playtime ratio.
Also, since I'm not sure but what PC is heading toward a completely cloud-based system, I don't know if PC will remain a viable gaming platform for me except for the older stuff that I already have and play.
---
"The greater the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." - Captain James Tiberius Kirk
#18darkus_fPosted 4/29/2014 6:18:52 AM
I mostly play on my PC now (still a work in progress, I need a good PSU and GPU but most games work on medium/low) but I'm not ditching my ps3 anytime soon. The PS4 on the other hand... I don't know if I'm getting one. Maybe if Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 live up to the hype. If they don't, then I'm ditching consoles for good.
---
PSN & Steam: darkus_f 2DS: 0447-5073-6549
i7-3770 | 12GB RAM | Intel HD4000
#19it_r_over9000Posted 4/29/2014 6:31:40 AM
I won't say I've abandoned consoles but I've almost stopped using my PS3 completely. I only play EDF 2025 on it anymore.
---
i7 4770k| Asus Z87 Plus| EVGA GTX 780 ti SC| Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2x4)1866| EVGA Nex 650G| Kingston Hyperx 3k 120gb| Seagate 1 TB HDD
PSN- ponmbr [R3D]
#20Knighted DragonPosted 4/29/2014 6:36:24 AM
I ditched the 360 a few years ago and haven't really had much interest in going back. My friends play on PC now anyway so it's all good. I do have a 3DS but I only got it for Pokemon X and haven't played much of anything else since I beat Pokemon. PS3 was a joke, I bought it and sold it within a month when I realized there was literally no games for it that remotely interested me, I don't know if that changed towards the end of it's life or not but that was probably the worst 50 bucks I've ever lost.

I don't see the point in the new consoles, nobody I know has one and I have no interest in much of anything on them, and I can't justify paying 60 dollars a game when I can 4-10 games for that on Steam, games that are probably much better than the 60 dollar game.
---
Matthew 7:21
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg