This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many of you have abandoned consoles?

#41MarceloSampaioPosted 4/29/2014 8:08:33 AM
At the moment, I only play on PC. I don't have enough time to play games, so I already have too many good PC games (and all the good console games that I can play on emulators, like Wii games and earlier) on my backlog.

I also have a PS3, but its been AGES since I last used it.

As for the recent consoles, the XBONE and the PS4 are VERY expensive here in Brazil, so I don't plan on buying them, specially because I wouldn't have the time to use them anyway...

The WiiU does not interest me AT ALL.
---
If Mario was made for PCs:
http://i.imgur.com/quKMdjB.jpg
#42easymodexzPosted 4/29/2014 8:13:53 AM
I primarily play PC games. The only reason I ever get a console is because there's a good selection of games that:

(a) I want to play
(b) Aren't multiplat on the PC
(c) That I won't be able to emulate in the near future

I picked up a 3DS for this reason. Also so I could game on my commute to work.

Someday I will get a PS4, but that day will be long in coming. Probably a year or two from now when there's a decent backlog of games I want to play.
#43ATARIJAWAPosted 4/29/2014 8:16:25 AM
This is the first time since 1979 that I haven't had one of the new gen consoles in the house. Maybe I will again in the future but this gens consoles are just too underpowered.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 116
#44jeffreymthielPosted 4/29/2014 8:16:28 AM
I am actually reverse of most of you. I built a quality gaming PC, but I play consoles more.

As weird as it sounds, I avoid the PC because of all the sales and quirky Indy games. I would just buy them on the cheap and never play them due to overloading my back log. I dont like buying something and never using it. Day one I got Steam, I had 20 games in my cart... That was just on the first day! I had to just close it out. Would have been unfair to buy the games and maybe not ever invest time in all of them.
#45easymodexzPosted 4/29/2014 8:17:43 AM
GoIrish80 posted...
I play the retro consoles far, far more than the new ones. I have an NES/SNES/N64/Gamecube/PS2/Genesis hooked up in its own room and I absolutely love playing on those systems.

And yes I'm fully aware of emulators....the systems are better. By a long shot.

1. Save states.
2. RAM editing.
3. Translation patches.
4. Other patches / bugfixes.
5. Turbo / frameskip.
6. Graphics filters.
7. Video recording.
8. Ten save states.
#46MarceloSampaioPosted 4/29/2014 8:20:28 AM
jeffreymthiel posted...
As weird as it sounds, I avoid the PC because of all the sales and quirky Indy games. I would just buy them on the cheap and never play them due to overloading my back log. I dont like buying something and never using it. Day one I got Steam, I had 20 games in my cart... That was just on the first day! I had to just close it out. Would have been unfair to buy the games and maybe not ever invest time in all of them.

So you decided to close your account, losing the money you used to buy your games?

K.
---
#47jeffreymthielPosted 4/29/2014 8:23:47 AM
MarceloSampaio posted...
jeffreymthiel posted...

So you decided to close your account, losing the money you used to buy your games?

K.

No, I closed out Steam and walked away without buying them.
#48MarceloSampaioPosted 4/29/2014 8:27:34 AM
jeffreymthiel posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
jeffreymthiel posted...

K.

No, I closed out Steam and walked away without buying them.

Ah, I see. :p

Well, I wasn't as strong as you, now I have more than 300 games on my Steam account, and only played like 50 of them. :p
---
#49r0ge00Posted 4/29/2014 8:29:20 AM
MarceloSampaio posted...

K.

I think he closed the window, thus never buying the games in the first place.
#50JonWood007Posted 4/29/2014 8:30:04 AM
I see no point in playing on consoles anymore. Worse graphics, MUCh higher game prices, online fees, a whole new separate machine from my computer. Oh, and mostly the same games. Sure, I will miss a game or two on console, but the overwhelming majority of games come to PC anyway.

Consoles are redundent, limited in capability, and closed systems designed to gauge consumers. PC is where it's at.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768