This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many of you have abandoned consoles?

#51Sk2k52Posted 4/29/2014 9:37:23 AM
PC is plain superior when all consoles (Besides Wii U) are trying to mimic watered down PC's.

And with most big titles on XBoned and PS4, only interested in getting a Wii U once SSB4 is out. Tablet controller cant be immitated by my 360 or logitech gamepad.
---
Dungeons and Dragons nuts? Check out live game and fun readings at my youtube!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSZ9trXHOPPUFa3PzUVHRg/playlists
#52Mr_DelcroixPosted 4/29/2014 9:40:38 AM(edited)
imasexywoman posted...
I've not been playing PC games for more than a few years so I feel that I'm still in an extended honeymoon phase. But lately I'm really wondering what is the point of consoles. I've told myself I would wait and eventually get an 8th gen console but the longer I wait the more I think I'm not going to buy one. In the end, PCs are just cheaper due to sales plus there are so many more exclusives. Not to mention lately I'm finally getting into mods and it's absurd the amount of quality content you can find that way.

I know it's no big deal to game on just one platform as long as you're not elitist about it, but in some childish way I feel like I would be cheating on Nintendo or Sony. But they've not been the same for me in almost a decade. Why keep buying their stuff in the hopes they'll suddenly make games I want?

Exclusives. I could care less what platform I'm on, I go where the games I want to play go.

Elitism towards a specific platform or device is stupid, ignorant, and a waste of time.

And by exclusives I mean niche games, not these awful, overly-budgeted AAA trash games that are on everything anyway. Those are also a waste of time.
---
Wonder when they're going to realize that I don't care about karma?
#53GoIrish80Posted 4/29/2014 9:42:04 AM
easymodexz posted...
GoIrish80 posted...
I play the retro consoles far, far more than the new ones. I have an NES/SNES/N64/Gamecube/PS2/Genesis hooked up in its own room and I absolutely love playing on those systems.

And yes I'm fully aware of emulators....the systems are better. By a long shot.

1. Save states.
2. RAM editing.
3. Translation patches.
4. Other patches / bugfixes.
5. Turbo / frameskip.
6. Graphics filters.
7. Video recording.
8. Ten save states.

Yeah, and I can come up with multiple reasons why I think the actual systems are better. Not wasting my time debating opinions back and forth. Think whatever you want.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#54Namord1Posted 4/29/2014 9:52:21 AM
If all you think you need is a PC for gaming, then good for you. If you want a console, but without the hassle of physical components, download an emulator. And maybe buy some high capacity hdd.
#55OrangeCrush980Posted 4/29/2014 9:53:04 AM
PCs don't have JRPGs
---
R.I.P. GameFAQs version 11
2009 - April 23, 2014
#56JartenPosted 4/29/2014 9:55:06 AM
I wouldn't say that I have abandoned consoles. It's more like I just haven't been playing them as much as I used to. It's not that I don't want to play them either. For me I'm on the computer constantly for doing work so I tend to stay on it more. I still turn on the ps3 here and there but I haven't done it as much as I used to.
#57atopp399Posted 4/29/2014 10:04:35 AM(edited)
I play Nintendo and Sony consoles/handhelds along with my PC. Different types of games on each. Never saw the need for an Xbox and would prefer it not exist.
#58Epicness2012Posted 4/29/2014 10:07:24 AM
Theres no way i'd ever give up consoles/handhelds in favor of PC(and vice versa) as long as things stay the way they are now. I'd be massively limiting the amount of games i have access to. And thats really what it's all about; The games.
---
http://i.imgur.com/bYgoJ.jpg
Remember, citizens, bullets cost money and resources. Do your part by dying quickly
#59TeraPatrick2008Posted 4/29/2014 10:23:41 AM
I like playing on consoles much much more.

I'm still playing on PC once in a while when there is a game that is not on consoles (like The Stanley Parable, Assetto Corsa, Hard Reset, Deponia, SimCity [5], Betrayer ..)
#60link510Posted 4/29/2014 10:24:14 AM
Eventually I'll buy a PS4 to play Kingdom Hearts 3. I would trade my left nut for a PC release though.