This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need help with my wireless router

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need help with my wireless router
1 year ago#1
Okay so I bought the new wireless printer for my computer when I installed it now my wireless router need the password and I cannot find the password anywhere can anybody help me
---
currently and always listening to Amon Amarth, Cradle Of Filth, Daath, kataklysm, soulfly, dethklok, All Shall Perish, Six Feet Under, and other true metal.
1 year ago#2
admin/admin
admin/(no password)
admin/password

some defaults for you to try.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
1 year ago#3
I have tried that I have a linksys router and just recently got a new computer I can't find the program for it and when I try to reinstall with the disk it just won't install
---
currently and always listening to Amon Amarth, Cradle Of Filth, Daath, kataklysm, soulfly, dethklok, All Shall Perish, Six Feet Under, and other true metal.
1 year ago#4
do a factory reset and that should reset the password to default.

you'll have to re-do your settings tho.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
1 year ago#5
I'm not too sure how to do that I'm not that good with computers
---
1 year ago#6
Also I forgot to mention before I got the new printer I didn't have a password for my router
---
1 year ago#7
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Reset_And_Reboot

It'll reset your router to factory defaults which means you'll need to setup your router after that.

You did mention linksys which most are supported by dd-wrt. I suggest you just look into updating your routers firmware. You can really unlock a routers potential.
---
Xeon x3220 @ 3.3Ghz [367*9] | Hyper 212 EVO | GA-EP45-UD3L | Mushkin 4GB DDR2-800 | EA-430W | 1GB 560 AC Twin Turbo II | WD 500 GB | AL1916W | G400s | HTF600-S
1 year ago#8
The only thing is I have no program to open Linksys and when I tried to install the program on the disk it just comes up with a bunch of errors
---
1 year ago#9
me609 posted...
The only thing is I have no program to open Linksys and when I tried to install the program on the disk it just comes up with a bunch of errors

You use your internet browser.
---
Xeon x3220 @ 3.3Ghz [367*9] | Hyper 212 EVO | GA-EP45-UD3L | Mushkin 4GB DDR2-800 | EA-430W | 1GB 560 AC Twin Turbo II | WD 500 GB | AL1916W | G400s | HTF600-S
1 year ago#10
Does it have one of those annoying sync button with the circular arrows. I had trouble with my linksys a few years ago.
---
i7-2600k OC 4.2ghz l ASRock P67 PRO3 l GTX 770 l 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws 1600 l 1Tb WD Black 7200 rpm l 3x 2 TB Samsung F4 5400rpm I BD burner
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need help with my wireless router

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived