This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Metal Slug 3 is $4 on Steam right now

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Metal Slug 3 is $4 on Steam right now

User Info: noimnoturdaddy

noimnoturdaddy
2 years ago#1
Only issue I'm getting is occasionally the music tracks will skip a bit, and there is slowdown but running a frame counter says it's 60fps all the time, so it's arcade-emulated slowdown (anyone who was gaming back in those days will know what I'm talking about).

You'll need a controller to play this because it's that kind of game, it also doesn't have super sampling, any form of SSAO, and no texture options, so I know some are bound to overlook this classic because it doesn't take full-advantage of 2014 PC hardware.
"Are you Ron Swanson?" - CatToy to me, upon realizing what a manly man I am

noimnoturdaddy
2 years ago#2
Oh, and it's also the best "Metal Slug" of the series, so if you've never played one but are interested, this is the best one to play.

User Info: 30aught6

30aught6
2 years ago#3
Seems about right for a 14 year old game.
| i7-3930K | MSI BB-XP II | GTX 680 4GB X2 | CORSAIR DDR3 32GB | TT Grand 1200W | SG 240GB SSD | WD 4TB HD | Fractal XLR2 |

User Info: popping4it

popping4it
2 years ago#4
metal slug X is probably the best one because its an improved version of MS2.
whens mahvel?

noimnoturdaddy
2 years ago#5
30aught6 posted...
Seems about right for a 14 year old game.

Yeah, but it's a PC port, so it should play in higher-res, have dynamic lighting, and if the devs can't deliver that, we should get mod tools so we can do it ourselves.

User Info: Quinn95

Quinn95
2 years ago#6
Does it support an arcade stick?
FC: 1950 - 8190 - 6633

User Info: AsucaHayashi

AsucaHayashi
2 years ago#7
You'll need a controller to play this because it's that kind of game

nope
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg

User Info: 30aught6

30aught6
2 years ago#8
Quinn95 posted...

Don't know. Was really disappointed to find out that Ikaruga doesn't, but you can use something like joytokey.
| i7-3930K | MSI BB-XP II | GTX 680 4GB X2 | CORSAIR DDR3 32GB | TT Grand 1200W | SG 240GB SSD | WD 4TB HD | Fractal XLR2 |

noimnoturdaddy
2 years ago#9
Quinn95 posted...

I don't have one to test, but probably. It isn't 360 pad emulation, you select the inputs and it'll be like "gamepad button 0, gamepad button 1", so I'd think a joystick would work.

AsucaHayashi posted...
You'll need a controller to play this because it's that kind of game

nope

idk, I tried playing with the keyboard controls, I'm not saying it's garbage, it still plays well, but I wasn't nearly as effective as I was when I play with pad and my right index/middle/ring spamming the buttons.

Plus, when you get stuck in something like the Snowman form, you need to spam left/right to break out. Feels better to mash a stick left and right like that. Reminds me of playing this in an arcade and having that loose stick the manager never replaced because he was a cheap bastard.

User Info: Arucard05

Arucard05
2 years ago#10
My babe got me this game for her and I to play together. We played a lot of Mercenary Kings and I've told her about Metal Slug but she's never played it so it should be really fun dying over and over with her ^_^
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/
B<3R I'm a model, you know what I mean.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Metal Slug 3 is $4 on Steam right now

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived