This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need advice on parts for upgrade.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need advice on parts for upgrade.

User Info: pavlik_e1

pavlik_e1
2 years ago#1
I've been planning to upgrade for two months now , and currently received my tax return. My budget is $1000USD, but if possible I'd like to stay in the $800 range. I'm looking to get an i5 or an i7. And I'm set on getting a GTX 770 just don't know if I should get the ti or not. I understand I'll be needing a new motherboard and PSU as well. All help is welcome. Thank you.

My current rig is :
A10 6790
R9 270x powercolor
PSU corsair cxm series 500

User Info: Shub

Shub
2 years ago#2
You don't actually need a new PSU, and there's no 770 Ti, unless you mean you want to get a 780, then there's a 780 Ti, but you can't afford it and an i5 and a motherboard on a $800 budget.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

Shub
2 years ago#3
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/13CL4 should get you going -- take out the cooler if you already have one that's compatible with LGA1150 motherboards.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

pavlik_e1
2 years ago#4
Is there a huge difference between an 770 and a 780? Or is the 770 a good card.

Shub
2 years ago#5
Oh yeah, the 770 is a good card, of course the 780 is better, though.
http://anandtech.com/bench/product/1037?vs=1036 shows how much better the 780 is.
-What is best in life?

pavlik_e1
2 years ago#6
Shun,
If I go with the GTX 780 I'll still stay in my $1,000 budget. But now would I have to get a new psu or would my still be fine for the 780 and an i5?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need advice on parts for upgrade.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived