This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Really close to 100,000 for petition to FCC

#11WyzeGyePosted 4/29/2014 5:26:39 PM(edited)
That's not it at all... it's been proven time and time again that politicians go whichever way lands them a nice lobbying cheque in their pocket.

Petitions don't do a thing.

Either gotta burn the current system to the ground or come into more money than the corporations have. I'm of the former school of thought.
---
http://puu.sh/8hi9W/9082c43c30.png
#12Digital StormPosted 4/29/2014 5:26:01 PM
I abstain.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#13Dragonspawn1319Posted 4/29/2014 5:31:53 PM
daemon_dan posted...
So you people think that the people that own the bandwidth you're using should have no say in what goes across their bandwidth? Ya'll are dumb.

If we were still on a dialup system, legally they wouldn't be allowed too. Just because the technology changed doesn't mean our rights should as well.
#14TimePharaohPosted 4/29/2014 5:33:03 PM
10/10 for changing the world
#15daemon_danPosted 4/29/2014 5:33:04 PM
Dragonspawn1319 posted...
daemon_dan posted...
So you people think that the people that own the bandwidth you're using should have no say in what goes across their bandwidth? Ya'll are dumb.

If we were still on a dialup system, legally they wouldn't be allowed too. Just because the technology changed doesn't mean our rights should as well.

Yeah, it kind of should. Because you owned that bandwidth on dial-up. You don't now. Get how that works? Of course you don't. You're entitled brat.
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#16TimePharaohPosted 4/29/2014 5:34:04 PM
Dragonspawn1319 posted...
daemon_dan posted...

Oh I'm sorry I must have missed that right in my birth contract that I can use other peoples stuff as much as I want however I want and they shouldn't be able to do anything about it.

BRB living in your house real quick
#17urtvPosted 4/29/2014 5:40:49 PM
i lost all faith in petitions when beiber didnt get deported
#18qeoijlijwPosted 4/29/2014 5:51:34 PM
that petition about the kfc commercial was a success
and it didnt even have that many signatures
petitions are powerful
#19Orestes417Posted 4/29/2014 5:56:31 PM
The problem with net neutrality discussions is that almost none of them are based around a practical technical discussion of what the consequences of keeping/dropping it are nor is anyone actually discussing practical paths forward. In an ideal world, net neutrality would've been dead long ago, ISPs would be allowed to prioritize traffic, AND there would be regulations in place assuring that consumers still have a reliable baseline level of performance guaranteed to them. Instead we have empty rhetoric about killing the interwebs while the ISPs get away with murder regardless.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#20ComradeRyanPosted 4/29/2014 6:00:43 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens_United_v._Federal_Election_Commission
The American people will lose on every issue when money is involved in the electoral process. There is a reason why Congress has an approval rating of nine percent. It was nice knowing net neutrality in America.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com